H&R handi-rifle in 500S&w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember the 500SW pistol has a muzzle break, the 45-70 without a break you can handle just not many times or at least a couple rounds is about all I want.

A good muzzle break can really tame a monster round! heck my 7WSM pistol is more fun to shoot than my 284 Win rifle and it's due to no recoil in the 7WSM due to the break. Later,

Kirk

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Batchman here on the board has one and seems to like it. I shot it once and the recoil was not too terrible but then again I am a big guy and I know how to tuck something like that into my shoulder to absorb the recoil.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hearing you all say that a rifle in 500 S&W is more harsh than one in 45-70 makes me wonder if a BFR in 45-70 may be easier to shoot than a S&W500 revolver.

I'd sure like to find someone with one of each to let me try out.

I have shot a couple of the BFR pistols in 45/70 and shooting Remingtons 300 gr. JHP factory loads and this was far more "comfortable" to shoot than most 357 magnums that I have shot. Recoil was a soft PUSH and not a bone jarring sting into the palm of the hand....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom