Hall of fame gun show is another bait and switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been to a gun show that was worth $14. Wanenmacher would be the only one I would pay that much for, and I would think twice about that. Until everyone stops going to these shows, its going to continue to get worse.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently these promoters (not Super Dave) think that we gun buyers, owners, show goers are stupid and they can pull bait and switch on us whenever. The thing that pisses me off the most while reading the responses is that the website lied about Vet discounts, that is utterly deplorable.

Now Dave you need to get a show going up here in Enid so we have more than just Metcalf shows to go to.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until their attendance actually drops off and people turn around and walk off it will continue. I liked going to shows but this is stupid. Promoters are realizing the gullibility of first time gun buyers purchasing overpriced guns and want their piece of the pie.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These gun shows are not worth $12, definitely not $14. I am getting pretty sick of it myself too. And this dishonest way of doing business is dispicable.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 years ago I remember my friends telling me that they would give up cigaretts when they hit $1 a pack.

On that basis I will see you at the gun shows in 20 years paying $70 to get in, but at least you can still complain about it!

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I like going to shows, but we WILL NOT pay 24 (or more) hard earned dollars for the two of us just to get in the door, then deal with rude ass people and jacked up prices. We've found a few neat deals on some range bags and some cool decals in the last year....and bought one pistol at a show this year, but really we could have got the pistol somewhere else for that price or even a little better...it was just an impulse buy. But seriously...there's no way we're paying the price of a meal to get into one of these things it's really rediculous when you thing about it. I KNOW people have to make money....but they ain't making THAT money off me.

Yes, i've payed that much at times in the past, and i've bought a LOT of weapons at shows....but with NOTHING to offer for their charge, i'll not do it again....EVER. If i never get to go to another gun show because of it..., i'll live and i'll still buy guns and related accessories just as much...just not from somewhere charging me a crazy amount just for to be able to go in and look, or to BUY SOMETHING.....it just doesn't compute Will Robinson. Add the cost of getting in to the price of whatever you buy and you're punked.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I told the lady taking money that it was $12 on the website, and she said, "Okay that's what I will charge you, I have never looked at the website".

Then I told her I would pay $11 because I had a $1 off coupon, she hesitated, and then she took it.

I always try to find some sort of published admission price so I won't get cheated at the door.

The only reason I went, and was willing to pay $11, was because I had a couple of guns to sell.

The entire time I was at the gun show, there was a line to get in on the West side. We went in on the East side, and there was no line at all.

I have never seen such a long line for people to get into an OKC gun show before. I was really surprised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom