Handloading On A Shoestring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, priced a progressive reloader lately? Seems like a good way to roll your own if you are on a tight budget....

My point was (I should have been more clear) is that for not much more money you can get a single stage press. I am on a -very- tight budget and would not even consider that assembly of kit he has.

I'll agree the article was interesting and worth reading.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For you guys who only want to reload for a single rifle.

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/tech_notes/archive_tech_notes.htm/51

This is how brother reloads his 45-70, he's a titewad.:shocked:

Cool Article for sure.

Mt progressive cost about 500.00 to get into loading one caliber. Now I load for several calibers and have loaded so much the press has paid for itself many times over.

One thing about those Lee Loaders or hammer kits is you can put it in you backpack and go hunting, then sit around the camp fire and make ammo all night.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I enjoyed seeing the pictures and for someone who wants to do it that way for fun, I can see it being interesting, but it does look like a very painful process to me when you can get a Lee classic single stage and some lock n load bushings for quick die changes without much $$$. For me, I love cranking out ammo on the 550, and while I know a good progressive isn't cheap, it sure is much more enjoyable and faster.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom