Hard of hearing? Beware Amazon Prime . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shame that our laws have been so perverted that the govt can force a private enterprise to provide services at their expense for a group of consumers they may have no interest in catering to. This power should not exist. Let the consumer determine what services are provided through the marketplace.

OH, you mean like labeling in multiple languages, posting fat and calories on menus, limiting portions? .Gov must take of those (all of us) who are not capable of taking care of themselves.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH, you mean like labeling in multiple languages, posting fat and calories on menus, limiting portions? .Gov must take of those (all of us) who are not capable of taking care of themselves.

Exactly. I actually know parents that accept the idea that the school should be able to dictate what a parent packs in a childs lunch. A large portion of our populace, and its growing, is fine with govt control over every aspect of life. ADA in its current form is a perfect illustration.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A sin never is justified by the possibility of being wronged. (ie: Internment camps for the Japanese: wrong.) In any case, the fear of 'force and violence' is not a motivation for meeting ADA requirements.

Then why do you think the Feds feel the need to threaten force and violence against people for not meeting ADA requirements?

I don't quite follow on the Japanese example. Can a sin ever be justified? Are you saying concentration camps were unjustified because they were an over-broad, preemptive action against a whole class of people because of the mere possibility that some of them could do harm? If that's what you're getting at, I agree wholeheartedly. That is why I oppose all prior restraints on the exercise of rights, like NICS checks to buy guns, and all types of licensure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom