Has anyone been to Dublin or London?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to Dublin for 6 days in October and London for 5 and would like to know if there are any "Must see's" that you guys have found. We are going to spend the weekends in the citys and the week days out in the country/ checking out the less tourist attraction areas.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to Dublin for 6 days in October and London for 5 and would like to know if there are any "Must see's" that you guys have found. We are going to spend the weekends in the citys and the week days out in the country/ checking out the less tourist attraction areas.

Dubh Linn:

Kehoes
St James Gate
Jameson Distillery
Trinity College (mainly the library)
Temple Bar
Kilmainham Gaol
St. Patricks Cathedrale
General Post Office (or better yet, take a 1916 rebellion tour)

Or just go native, hit some public houses and wonder about.

Can't help you on London.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bus tour outside of London:
Canterbury Cathedral and castle tour, lots of History in the castles.
I spent a week there and did not get to see all I wanted, would love to go back.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skip the tourist stuff in London, hit the pubs, make friends, do what they do. Caught a soccer game with some people I met over there... It was insanely wild

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skip the tourist stuff in London, hit the pubs, make friends, do what they do. Caught a soccer game with some people I met over there... It was insanely wild

We are certainly going to hit up the pubs, part of the reason for this trip is because my best friend is on his way back from Afghanistan (he was in iraq in 2009) and is getting out of the military.

jescates

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely the Tower of London. Some really neat stuff there. If your really bored and want to waste an hour or two, you could watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, would suggest just walk by, it's really boring! If your into Planes, Duxford is not too far out of London. Has the best museum in Europe. As suggested above, hit the Pubs and enjoy. Ask around for the best Fish and Chips served in a newspaper, damn good.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skip London. My last time there was for an extended period. I did everything from pub crawl to hit exclusive restaurants. As a whole, I found the Brits to be less than friendly, about half insulting in their humor towards Americans and just generally not much fun. Quite frankly, the best part of the trip was hanging in an Irish bar. Ireland, on the other hand, was full of warm and friendly people. I was wearing boots and a Stetson and I don't recall ever paying for a drink (from what I can recall at all!). The people are just good as gold. Don't talk religion or politics.

Seriously, you cannot help but love the Irish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom