Hats off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the LEO in Catoosa that was directing traffic at Pine and Lynn Lane this afternoon, I'm not sure if it was because of an accident or a breakdown, I did see a wrecker hooking up to a big truck. That is a bad intersection with a 3 way stop that a lot of people don't seem to know what to do at. I do appreciate it and I hope he is a member, need more like him.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for those guys sometimes. I know I seen one down town Okc on one of those days that it was about 105. He was at Portland and 23rd. That place is a mess. If he would have stripped to his boxers, it would have been understandable. Between the heat and the people who can't drive, I don't know how he did it.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wait until next time if he asks you where you're headed. Then you'll see how big of a d-bag he really is.

LOL...how dare an officer have a personality and try to make small talk? Definitely goes against my personal rights...where's Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton when I need them?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for those guys sometimes. I know I seen one down town Okc on one of those days that it was about 105. He was at Portland and 23rd. That place is a mess. If he would have stripped to his boxers, it would have been understandable. Between the heat and the people who can't drive, I don't know how he did it.

Let me tell you... that can be one of the absolute WORSE parts of being an LEO.

I once worked traffic for four hours at a fatality while the TI's did their thing (you have no idea how many measurements you can actually end up with until you have worked something like that... five cars involved, two were racing and fled the scene... boy was it a mess).

Anyway, all that to say... if it's close to a store and you wanted to help, you could always grab a bottle or two of water and set it on the corner of the sidewalk after directing their attention to it. I know some probably wouldn't take it, but that day, I would have licked the sweat off a beggar. The way I figure, as long as it's sealed, I'm fine with it, but I know a lot of guys that still wouldn't take it.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me tell you... that can be one of the absolute WORSE parts of being an LEO.

I once worked traffic for four hours at a fatality while the TI's did their thing (you have no idea how many measurements you can actually end up with until you have worked something like that... five cars involved, two were racing and fled the scene... boy was it a mess).

Anyway, all that to say... if it's close to a store and you wanted to help, you could always grab a bottle or two of water and set it on the corner of the sidewalk after directing their attention to it. I know some probably wouldn't take it, but that day, I would have licked the sweat off a beggar. The way I figure, as long as it's sealed, I'm fine with it, but I know a lot of guys that still wouldn't take it.

LOL...back in my young and naive days, I went to a 7-11 and bought 3 cups of coffee (2 for me and 1 for my wife) and saw a Del City officer sitting in the old Food Lion store parking lot. I thought I would be nice and offer a cup of coffee but of course he turned me down saying he doesn't drink coffee, only soda. Looking back, I would have turned it down not knowing who was offereing me an unsealed cup of ......?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...back in my young and naive days, I went to a 7-11 and bought 3 cups of coffee (2 for me and 1 for my wife) and saw a Del City officer sitting in the old Food Lion store parking lot. I thought I would be nice and offer a cup of coffee but of course he turned me down saying he doesn't drink coffee, only soda. Looking back, I would have turned it down not knowing who was offereing me an unsealed cup of ......?

Yup... that's why I was specific to say SEALED... :)

But, I know guys who still wouldn't do it for fear something is wrong with it.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup... that's why I was specific to say SEALED... :)

But, I know guys who still wouldn't do it for fear something is wrong with it.

What's funny is that I KNEW I was a good member of society, you know college degree, professional job, just married to a beautiful girl from that area, member of TWO Chamber of Commerces, so why would anyone doubt me? Plus I was on my way to CHURCH, so why would the officer have any reason to believe I had any mischief in mind? Talk about being young and stupid! This was 10 years ago, although I had all the respect in the world for officers back then, I had no idea what they really went through on a daily basis. Now I do!

So thank you to everyone who serves us....whether it be the public such as Police Officers or Fire Fighters or those that protect our freedom, such as all of our soldiers. God bless and prayers sent for your protection!

Latest posts

Top Bottom