Hats off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me tell you... that can be one of the absolute WORSE parts of being an LEO.

I once worked traffic for four hours at a fatality while the TI's did their thing (you have no idea how many measurements you can actually end up with until you have worked something like that... five cars involved, two were racing and fled the scene... boy was it a mess).

Sounds like sticking one of those lunchbox ice packs behind your vest would be a good move.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxxis View Post
Yup... that's why I was specific to say SEALED...

But, I know guys who still wouldn't do it for fear something is wrong with it.

It's truly sad you gotta feel this way. But I understand why.

It really is sad that we have to be so suspicious of people. Even with a sealed bottle, you have to check for possible needle marks from a syringe. I remember the days when nobody would even think of worrying about this stuff.

PastorDude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The truck ran out of fuel. They then decided in order to fill it up they would use 5 gallon buckets to replace fuel. Total face palm moment. Not sure we
were still out there when you went by but i was the dashing young fireman.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me tell you... that can be one of the absolute WORSE parts of being an LEO.

I once worked traffic for four hours at a fatality while the TI's did their thing (you have no idea how many measurements you can actually end up with until you have worked something like that... five cars involved, two were racing and fled the scene... boy was it a mess).

Anyway, all that to say... if it's close to a store and you wanted to help, you could always grab a bottle or two of water and set it on the corner of the sidewalk after directing their attention to it. I know some probably wouldn't take it, but that day, I would have licked the sweat off a beggar. The way I figure, as long as it's sealed, I'm fine with it, but I know a lot of guys that still wouldn't take it.

lol. I never thought of that, but I would be glad to take an LEO a drink. I may just do that next time. I know the guy I seen that day looked like he was burning up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom