Heartland has pmags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul has said they arent raising prices, so if they are a magpul distributor/vendor, their cost isnt going up. Magpul is cranking them out right now, and are fulfilling orders PDQ. If people calmed down, there would be piles on the shelf.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems that people moan about the high prices and the greediness of these vendors, but in the same breath, if they find a good deal will hoard or buy them all for themselves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean to tell me those pmags I ordered for GC last month ... the ones he just HAD to have ... were NOT "essential"?!?!!? :grumble: Man ... I gotta have a talk with that man ...

I've never figured the hype on pmags

I've got a few of the AR Stoners that have ran for years.
Also have a couple of steel targets.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to mention I was told any ammo purchases need to be verified by the manager prior to sale or the associate is fired.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't support price gouging, especially from large retailers. Cheaper than dirt is on my permanent **** list.

However, there's a point where price increases are expected and in terms of a small business, even needed. I'm not saying this is the situation with Heartland, but sometimes a shop has to increase the price on items if restocking inventory becomes questionable in terms of time and amount. The increase of price will hopefully stave off some of the demand so that supplies can last when inventory can be restocked. If the next inventory is delayed and the amount is less than what you can meet in demand, the extra amount of money might help keep the lights on IF the money wasn't used to make a bigger order of inventory to meet the increased demand. This will most likely result in an increase of price on those same items again in anticipation for the next shipment.

What can absolutely destroy a small shop is when the inventory is completely depleted due to the buying frenzy (and not increasing prices to meet lack of inventory and increased demand.) Now you're weeks away from the next expected shipment of said items, so everybody is just twiddling their thumbs until then. Distributers are slightly raising prices and you put in a larger order of items to replenish the inventory that was depleted due to the frenzy. Shipments are delayed due to demand and you still have payroll to make and rent/utilities to pay. You finally get your shipment and it's only half what you need. Sooner or later you're finding that your stores are mostly empty and customers stop coming in because you are always out of inventory. Next thing you know, you're laying people off and cutting costs and soon you'll find yourself out of business.

There's a fine line between gouging and smart business. The bigger retailers who have priority and buying power can afford to not raise prices longer and if they do, only in slight increases overtime. The small shops, don't have that luxury sometimes. As for Heartland Outdoors, I would say that $49 is a bit on the gouging side, but certainly better than some online retailers selling P-Mags for $60. Honestly, if I was running a shop, I'd probably be selling Gen 2 mags for about $20-25 and Gen 3 for $30 if inventory was an issue.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul hasn't raised their prices, so that leaves a couple options.
1. Heartland is getting screwed by their supplier, and therefore needs a new one.
2. Heartland is trying to screw customers in the panic.

I can't see how anyone could buy mags at those prices (not that they're the only ones doing it).

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/PMAG

If nothing else they could just try to order directly from the source...

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about somebody that throws them up on gunbroker for a no reserve auction and just lets everyone slice each other up over them? Are they a douche?
People buying in this frenzy are doing it to themselves, it's just that simple.

They are! And worse in my book. To each their own but I am not wired like that. When I retired from the Corps I started day trading stocks. I made a killing in in under a year. Then I met some people that lost their shirt on some of the same stocks that I made a killing on. Call me stupid or whatever but I didn't like the fact that somebody HAD to lose so I could WIN. Seemed dirty so I stopped cold turkey in the stock market and became a small business owner. From the sounds of these posts I am in the minority and I should have just became greedy and made as much money as possible since the stock market is legal.

I don't think it's gouging. It's not like jacking the price of things essential to life. Jacking up the price of bottled water in an emergency is deplorable. Selling products at the price the market has dictated is not the same. You can live without buying a pmag.
I didn't go back and read but the words gouging didn't come from me. I was simply stating I believe their business model is screwed up to high heaven. You change prices based on panic and expect those same customers to come back when the frenzy is over. I would think the knee jerk panic $50 buys are those who don't frequent the LGSs because they aren't prepared and already have their mags. Now I could be wrong but a few around here don't seem fond of what they are doing so in fact they have lost support or at least reputation.

Your right Dustin. Pmags can't be compared bottled water during a disaster. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Despite it being against the law I saw prices during 9/11 go beyond $5 (if I remember correctly double prices at the time). I was on the ground day 2 of Katrina and I saw some despicable "gouging". Bottom line is these items can't be compared to necessities of life. However, I stand by my assessment that in my opinion it is bad business to take advantage of the frenzy for the almighty dollar.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe mark said his p-mags were 30 or 35 when I was in his shop. Most of his complete AR-15 rifles were fair on price except one or two. But I also felt like he was gouging the hell out of his CMMG lower with a LPK (minus tube, buffer, and stock) for 300.00

It's not a big deal I'm just keeping these places in mind when the AWB fails to pass and prices come back down. I under stand free market but some of these local dealers are taking full advantage of the pending AWB talk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom