Hell has frozen over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting move, JB. I registered as an R when I turned 18 - mainly because Reagan was gun-friendly. I also foolishly volunteered my life to be used by the military, thinking of Mom, Apple Pie, and threst of the BS young men are sold.

Observing the Ds and Rs over the years, I've come to believe that either one will sell you out in a heartbeat, and with very few exceptions, the ruling few could care less about ideology.

D= abortion, homosexual marriage, handouts, affirmative action, amnesty...gun control.
Under pressure, R= abortion, homosexual marriage, handouts, affirmative action, amnesty...gun control.

Both will gladly send young men and women to die for Israel, God, Mom and Apple Pie.

I hate'em both equally.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will not be alone as a Republican who is socially liberal. There are quite a few of us... And we could use some help taking over the state party in the precinct meetings in January!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some are missing the point of this thread.

The underlying issue is that the op has determined; as we all should, that the main issue here is the neutering of our second amendment rights. That without these rights all of the others will fall if we are left without a defense against a government determined to eliminate them for "our own good". It is the second amendment that spells out what the citizens of this republic have at their disposal to prevent a spiral into tyranny. The fact that JB has taken this decision; which is so unbelievable given his political views, and his standing in this community should serve as a sober reminder of what we are up against. It should also be welcomed because we will need every body who believes in the second amendment, regardless of their political beliefs, in order to have the luxury of expressing those beliefs in the future.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well here is another half hearted welcome from another reluctant republican as well.

Though some of the posts from republicans in this thread make me want to slap them and change to the democrats.

An educated, logical, moral, well spoken person should be welcomed in any party they choose to align with. The vile rhetoric dumped out here is disgusting.

I think that if someone had the money and support to back a socially liberal, fiscally conservative party it would quickly become the majority. Most people today are disillusioned with both their choices.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UMB - you are indeed correct. My point, however, is that relying on the Rs to stand up for you is pretty questionable. The ONLY way they will, is if they believe they'll get their worthless #%& kicked out by the electorate if they don't.

And once they have a solid base they can rely on as being single issue voters, they'll take advantage of THAT, to do a lot of crap you'd NOT support.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think some are missing the point of this thread.

The underlying issue is that the op has determined; as we all should, that the main issue here is the neutering of our second amendment rights. That without these rights all of the others will fall if we are left
without a defense against a government determined to eliminate them for "our own good". It is the second amendment that spells out what the citizens of this republic have at their disposal to prevent a spiral
into tyranny. The fact that JB has taken this decision; which is so unbelievable given his political views, and his standing in this community should serve as a sober reminder of what we are up against. It should
also be welcomed because we will need every body who believes in the second amendment, regardless of their political beliefs, in order to have the luxury of expressing those beliefs in the future.

And you can support the 2A as a Dem or Libertarian or Independant. Whats the advantage of switching party affilliation? None, unless you have an agenda or want to be identified with a particular party for personal reasons.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UMB - you are indeed correct. My point, however, is that relying on the Rs to stand up for you is pretty questionable. The ONLY way they will, is if they believe they'll get their worthless #%& kicked out by the electorate if they don't.

And once they have a solid base they can rely on as being single issue voters, they'll take advantage of THAT, to do a lot of crap you'd NOT support.

And you can support the 2A as a Dem or Libertarian or Independant. Whats the advantage of switching party affilliation? None, unless you have an agenda or want to be identified with a particular party for personal reasons.

I am not privy to JB's mind so I cannot answer why he thinks switching parties is the right decision for him. My statement was directed to the people who think his tastes in social justice should preclude him from joining the Repubs because of the national Democratic party's willingness to throw the second amendment into the trash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom