Help ease my mind.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mentioned wanting a 1911? You need to get some rounds down range and build your confidence (take a class if possible). A 1911 cocked and locked will probably make you more nervous than that M&P.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mentioned wanting a 1911? You need to get some rounds down range and build your confidence (take a class if possible). A 1911 cocked and locked will probably make you more nervous than that M&P.

I'm confident with the gun in my hand. I've shot a couple of 1911's. Really liked them. I like the idea of the thumb safety now that I've actually strapped the gun on. Why would the 1911 make me more nervous? Can you explain that? Thanks for your comments!

B

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first joined the Marines we carried 1911's. Some of the Marines who didn't have extensive weapons handling would get nervous having a round in the chamber and the hammer back when carrying. Shooting a 1911 versus rapidly drawing one and thumbing the safety are two different things. Never bothered me in fact I always liked it especially after Gunsite.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confident with the gun in my hand. I've shot a couple of 1911's. Really liked them. I like the idea of the thumb safety now that I've actually strapped the gun on. Why would the 1911 make me more nervous? Can you explain that? Thanks for your comments!

B
A lot of people are uncomfortable carrying like this (notice the hammer?):

awww.backwoodshome.com_articles2_images_ayoob83_5.jpg

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is more likely to AD from drawing or general handling, in and out of the holster with routine daily carry?

I cannot carry on the job, so I will have to handle the gun a bit more than what may be normal.

B

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**heebie jeebies** LOL. Even though it is plain to see the safety is on, I am one of those people ... :giveup:

So are you uncomfortable, or incompetent? ;)

Not to pick on you, but just illustrating the subtle symantic difference between the two. The concepts are related but are unique.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are you uncomfortable, or incompetent? ;)

Not to pick on you, but just illustrating the subtle symantic difference between the two. The concepts are related but are unique.

LOL -- uncomfortable for sure. Incompetent? I suppose that would depend on who you talk to ... :rotflmao: I am not sure I will ever be as competent as some of the people I have had the privilege to shoot with and learn from. However, I can be safe and that makes me more competent that a few ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom