Help me build relationship capital OR Outdoor christmas lights questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went with C9 size LED strings from Atwood’s. They are $29 per string but are 100 foot long strands so it makes them cheaper than the standard old school 25 foot strings of incandescent bulbs. Today I think they are 25% off. I don’t even bother to unplug them since they are so cheap to run. Atwood’s also sells 100 count boxes of clips for $3.99 to hang them on the gutter or shingles. The clips are believe it or not made in the USA.

LED really is the future of lighting and I really like not having to constantly replace C9 bulbs anymore. Also, the plastic bulbs don’t have any paint to scratch off like the old school bulbs. After a few years of pulling the old C9 strings across the shingles they were white and whatever the base color was.

Lastly, the ability to string damn near as many light strings together without blowing any fuses in is cool too.

Good to know. I'm going to bust out the measuring tape and see what kinda footage I need and maybe hit Atwoods. I had planned on trying Home Depot, but I do like Atwoods as well. Sounds like a reasonable investment to make the wife and kids happy. May also give me an excuse to buy a better ladder while I'm at it.

Seth,

I misunderstood your text. I do have replacement C7 and C9's. Let me know what you need for extras and I'll get some to you next week
Cool deal, I'll let ya know if I need anything! Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom