Here we go again - They just can't figure it out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Rep Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), whose husband was killed in a 1993 mass shooting on the Long Island Railroad, has proposed a similar ban on high-capacity magazines in Congress but does not expect it to pass."

There you go, 'nuff said.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who would be butthurt if the jam-o-matic 100 rnd drums were outlawed? My only concern (and I am sure everyone's concern)with this is that they will push it too far and say any mag that holds more than something stupid like 10 rounds is too much. I'd not be too pissed off if they said any mag that has a capacity to hold triple digits is outlawed. I am 100% sure that the 100 round drums would then become 99 round drums effectively making their legislation useless but I digress.

30 round Pmags are plenty for pretty much anything I'd ever need them for, and they work. Imagine if the Aurora shooter had 10 PMAGs in a belt carrier (300 rounds) and they functioned the way they are supposed to!!! Would have been much worse.

It does crack me up that "Civilians shouldn't have access to these high capacity military mags" which actually aren't used by the military at all, they are strictly commercial in their use.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Id be pizzed if they banned 100rders. I dont own an AR either. If i ever do, i want the option.

I do think if anything dramatic(mass killing) happens anytime soon, the issue will bust open. Then we will be in a mess of a fight.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under the federal assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004, these two killers could not have legally purchased these large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

Not even close to true. That is terrible journalism to write about a law without even looking up how it really worked. I remember the ban years. You could still get 33 round Glock mags and Beta C mags... they were just a little more expensive than they are now. And I doubt that a few extra Alexander Hamiltons would stop you if you were planning on going on a shooting spree.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things will happen: people are going to be buying up the mags now and drive the price up. 2. Whether or not a ban is passed, people will continue to buy up the mags at inflated prices out of fear of a future ban.

I cant really throw stones because I am buying up mags too.

flashover008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tey are always going to try and do that anytime there is a shooting and an AR or AK is involved I remember when there was a ban on them better buy all that you can find they did it once they can do it again
Have A Blessed Evening
Mike
}><}}};> 2 CHRONICLES 7:14 <;{{{><{

Latest posts

Top Bottom