HEY GUYS!! What do you want to know how to do that you don't know how to do now??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want to try to go back and do the stuff I haven't had the time to do over the past 35 years. I am 7 months in cancer remission, I am going to go fish the creeks in Leflore Country that I fished as a kid, I am going to go hunt grey squirrels in the Kiamichi Mountains like I did as a kid. I have my reloading set up in the shop, I am going to load up a bunch of .44's and shoot until my elbow hurts. I am going to take my grandsons to the places I duck hunted back in the 60's. I'm going to teach my 6 year old grandson how to shoot a recurve bow. I am going to enjoy every sun rise I possibly can.

Without being too melodramatic, slow down and smell the gunpowder smoke, don't just say you want to or need to do something, go do it and then say I did it !!

Des

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want to try to go back and do the stuff I haven't had the time to do over the past 35 years. I am 7 months in cancer remission, I am going to go fish the creeks in Leflore Country that I fished as a kid, I am going to go hunt grey squirrels in the Kiamichi Mountains like I did as a kid. I have my reloading set up in the shop, I am going to load up a bunch of .44's and shoot until my elbow hurts. I am going to take my grandsons to the places I duck hunted back in the 60's. I'm going to teach my 6 year old grandson how to shoot a recurve bow. I am going to enjoy every sun rise I possibly can.

Without being too melodramatic, slow down and smell the gunpowder smoke, don't just say you want to or need to do something, go do it and then say I did it !!

Des

Oh, man that is GREAT news!! Kiamichi is some of the most beautiful real estate this state has to offer. I love it up there.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to learn basic survival skills, reloading, to make all different forms of biodiesel (recycled fry oil, veggie oil, peanut oil, corn oil, switchgrass and algae), some basic carpentry, gardening and sewing. I wanna learn how to make handmade tortillas and pasta. Is there a way to make homemade Penicillin?

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would like to know how to make the most out of any animal harvested. This includes every part of the animal and what all it would be useful for. I know different animals have different perks shall we say but it would be nice to know

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's really not much left on the list.
so far my new adventures are:
in the last stages of building a wood gassifier
gathering ingredients to make homemade lye soap with lye from wood ashes. have everything except disignated utensils and molds.
getting ready to build quail pens/cages . plan on getting them this summer.

one thing i'd like to start is worm composting/vermicomposting.just need to finish a few other prodjects first.

not ready to get milk goat or cow. already have beef cows. just dont want to have to milk one every day. i have milked out some beef cows when the new calf was having problems and not able to nurse on its own.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good subject, Badgebunny.

Teaching goats to be milked and acquiring my ham license, as others mentioned, are really good ones. We've begun reloading a while back for which I'm thankful. I think the one thing I'd like to learn is cobbling: especially boot repair. I'm already a fair leatherworker and can do a good patch but I've never resoled anything. I have this suspicion that worn-out tires will make awesome resoles, though, if it came down to it.

Bratley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I want to learn:
Tan hides
Build an AR from components (If I could find any)
Weld correctly (I can stick things together in a crude fashion)
Be a better trapper

What I learned in 2012:
Made homemade wine and mead
Started a worm compost bin
Learned to process my own deer
Learned to reload (I still don't own a reloader)
Built a solar heater
Make my first couple of homemade knives

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with the ones above who want to become better at wild plant id. I'll look into the books bb mentioned next time I'm in red dawn. I would really like to become a better trapper. And learn how to make things (mittens, leggings hats) from my tanned hides. I tan fairly well always room for improvement though. And am on my way to get my ham license already. Thanks to a local am talk host. He hooked me up with a lot of info on where to get started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom