Hi! I'm Letfreedomring and I have a problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not nor will ever be a “collector” of guns. If I’m not going to shoot them, they need to go somewhere else to live.
My old neighbor in Oregon was a widow. Me and another neighbor started going over and visiting with her on Saturday nights after church. She’s mid 80’s and disabled so she is in bed 100%. We were talking about hunting and rifles and what not. Then she mentions these two brand new Winchester lever actions her husband bought back in like 1978. She said she wasn’t going to give them to family cuz they didn’t deserve them and I told her well, whoever you pass them on to make sure they don’t just go sell them for a quick buck. The next week my other neighbor called me and said she had a gift for both of us . . . Winchester 94 Gold Spike edition 😍

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think I needed to shoot any firearm I had. I sold an aluminum boat one time and knew the money would just dwindle away. I decided I'd buy a stainless Ruger 10/22 with the laminated international stock. Walmart sold them I think for one year.

I didn't need it but I knew the money was not just going to disappear with nothing to show for it. I have never fired it since I already had other 22's. Sure I've thought about it a few times but really don't see any need to.

My dad purchased a Ruger 77/22 with walnut stock and a 10/22 with walnut sportsman stock for my great nephews. Neither one were ever interested in hunting or shooting. I wound up buy them from my Dad. Both have never been fired aside from the factory. I really don't see a need to fire them since they are still new in box.

One of these days someone else will own them and they can decide to shoot them or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several guns that I've not shot. Won an AR at a DU banquet. I see no point in shooting it when there are several more in the safe. Traded a couple of cheap shotguns bought just for trading that had never been shot for another AR that has still never been shot. Inherited some old .22 LR bolt action rifles from FIL that haven't been shot. There are more fun .22's in the safe to shoot.
I don't mind acquiring guns that aren't shot. They will all be sold at auction when I croak with the money given to the sons.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot everything I buy! Scrolling thru the classifieds and I see 'never been shot' more often than not. Not sure if we just have a majority of BS artists out there or if I'm just the odd man out and must shoot everything I own. How do you guys do it (resist shooting the latest find)? Maybe I'm weak or have nonexistent self control or maybe just too small of a stockpile. Tell me ya'lls secret to resist popping cherries on your stashes. Maybe point to the twelve-step program for it...:anyone:

I've got quite a few guns . . . some I shoot, but many I don't. I don't go to any local ranges because I'm not a fan and I don't have a ton of time. When I go out to family land to shoot I don't have a dedicated spot to shoot so I only take 5 or 6 to shoot.

When we move from our current location to some place more rural, I'm hoping to get something setup so I can shoot everything I own.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot everything I buy! Scrolling thru the classifieds and I see 'never been shot' more often than not. Not sure if we just have a majority of BS artists out there or if I'm just the odd man out and must shoot everything I own. How do you guys do it (resist shooting the latest find)? Maybe I'm weak or have nonexistent self control or maybe just too small of a stockpile. Tell me ya'lls secret to resist popping cherries on your stashes. Maybe point to the twelve-step program for it...:anyone:
Nearly all guns have been test fired at the factory, so how can they be unfired. If you build one you should fire it to make sure it works right.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have many guns. They were all bought for purpose. EDC, tactical training gun, bedroom gun, OWB compact. All of them have had a lot of range time. Cumulative round count over 20,000. This year I joined a private gun club range. There twice a week. Yep hotter than h&ll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom