I have this...problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
I've toned it down a bit. Usually I just mutter about their parentage and lack of manners these days. I was bad about it years ago. One day I read something in Reader's Digest, and learned a new acronym. FIDO! Forget it, Drive ON! Helps that my wife tells me to consider them brainless guppies. Guppies aren't responsible for their behavior, they just do what they do. Probably also helps that I'm retired now, and don't usually have to be any specific place at any specific time now, for myself. My kids aren't going to starve if I don't get to work on-time and get fired anymore.

firedrill3200

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣You made my day.

It's a good thing you don't live in California there's all sorts out there. Believe me I know.
Have yourself a better day.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate, especially driving in any city. Lawton has got to be the worst, but little Geronimo is full of idiots.
They drive 20 in town, get close to highway and race to the stop sign, slow to 20 and pull out in front, maintaining 20 mph, while you are trying to get from 65 to 20 in the car length they left.

Heavy traffic, 4:30 OKC. Followed a woman down Walker, yesterday. In left lane, 15 mph, left turn signal on, for over a mile; when she turned RIGHT, cutting off a line of cars in the right lane.

I TRY to remain calm, but some of those idiots exceed the capabilities of my medications.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's that bad these days. Is it all the weed? Other drugs? All of the above? Just general apathy? I dunno but it's sure as hell changed and not for the better.
I noticed just after the COVID started an increase in S-L-O-W drivers (not just driving slow but also slow to use turn signals, etc).
At first, it seemed like they were older drivers so I chalked it up to senior citizens who were watching the 24 hour news and absolutely scared spitless of COVID so they were exhausted because they weren't getting any sleep (that's my theory anyway).
But here lately (I will get toasted for the one) it seems like it may be all the weed is making for slower drivers. Just a guess from the clouds of smoke in their cars and the bumper stickers on the back????

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is another speculation that I've got:
I am guessing that the dumber the driver is, the more likely they are to be uninsured.
So the worse they drive the more I think to myself "Stay clear of that dumb---!"

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa! Lot of you peeps let people in your head like a cheap whore on half price days! I have drove what others constitute as slow my whole life, but I simply obeyed the speed limits. In High School it would bug the **** out friends. Never a ticket in my life. I guess I sped on my Drag Bikes on the Strip so in autos I was below normal. Ya’ll need chill pills!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All kidding aside, you need to pray about it and ask God to give you patience. I still get irritated but have gotten way better after several road rage incidents that could have gotten me killed or in serious trouble. You’re not gonna correct those who think them getting to where they are going is more important than other people. The number of people who run red lights is ridiculous and traffic enforcement is at an all time low. With apologies to Scott and other LEO, enforcement of traffic laws on OKC streets and highways is practically non existent. I’m sure they have other things more pressing but unless you are driving way over the limit or doing something really stupid you aren’t going to get a ticket. I try to stay in the slow lane and drive no more than 5-8 miles over the limit with my head on a swivel. Let the idiots pass me and hope on the slim chance there’s a cop ahead running radar. The reason I sold my motorcycle was several near misses and everyone I see is on a cell phone. It’s not going to get any better. Just plan on doing what you can to help yourself accept it.
He probably did pray for patience… hince being presented for all the opportunities to work on it…. Be careful what you pray for…

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know you, but I am familiar with you. I'm good with what you have presented and I have a wonderful memory . I may have laid my eyes on you at Casadoraz there in Seminole. Good eats 😁 you may even have been 1 that entertained our grandson on a ride along and lunch. I had a big acquaintance named Jeremy, we called him big country. 7' plus 475 and an overall wearing sweetheart. He went into the hospital with the released bug and never came out. He wasn't even 30 yet, I'll not express my thoughts there 🤬 . Point is, again it's not a problem, it's traditional. I've got an old e mail that says so. The problem is your feeling guilty of such 😁 but just don't let it get deep as it's not good for the ticker and I haven't bought a tool from you yet 🤣🤣🤣 .. Take care of you so you can take care of them . Sheepdog 😁 .😘😘😘

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped a woman in Laverne who only drove to town from the farm to get her mail every day.

She pulled the J turn to park in front of the post office just as she had done for the past 56 years. She never had a DL, she used her husband's.
How many tickets did you write on that one? Bonus points if one was for a very poor fake id :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom