I have this...problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
d
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
…..,and don’t forget: stopping short of the merging lane when driving onto a highway, or performing a ‘do-si-do’ around an oncoming vehicle during a left turn at an intersection…..

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road?

Fear not. I've been that way since 1962. All of us that know and abide by the rules of the road are just like you. That said, don't expect to get over the rage and indignation any time soon.

Woody

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh no, you’re not the Lone Ranger! I too am like you in just about everything you mentioned.

My wife tells me you’re not going to change them, I’m not trying to, I just don’t want them to do what they do around me.

I for sure don't have the answer but if you find a couch to set on that can fit two big ol boys, count me in, cause I need to find an answer also.

I just try one outing at a time tryin to hold my temper and see how it goes.

Surely kept my mouth SHUT.....then focused on the RED TRUCK.....
All was well , moved into the SLOOOOW LANE.....got there ahead of everyone else & in 1 piece.....must WORK on COOL always.....

Attachments

• pms.jpg
    pms.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • anti depressants.jpg
    anti depressants.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*whew* I sure am glad that I'm not alone in this. I thought maybe I was just being too short fused and asking way too much of my fellow motorists.

I can rant the same about people misplacing their keys, wallets and chit as well, but that's a topic for another time.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
It's not a joke, I completely understand and I'm the same way.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe when we find ourselves in a situation similar to the one the OP has described, we should think how good God has been to us and think on those things and pray for that occupant in the other car that is giving us grief. When an ambulance passes with the siren on, pray for the occupant and the patient, When someone wants to cut in front of you, let them, you'll be the bigger person and feel better about everything.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe when we find ourselves in a situation similar to the one the OP has described, we should think how good God has been to us and think on those things and pray for that occupant in the other car that is giving us grief. When an ambulance passes with the siren on, pray for the occupant and the patient, When someone wants to cut in front of you, let them, you'll be the bigger person and feel better about everything.

:slap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom