Hi! I'm Letfreedomring and I have a problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot everything I buy! Scrolling thru the classifieds and I see 'never been shot' more often than not. Not sure if we just have a majority of BS artists out there or if I'm just the odd man out and must shoot everything I own. How do you guys do it (resist shooting the latest find)? Maybe I'm weak or have nonexistent self control or maybe just too small of a stockpile. Tell me ya'lls secret to resist popping cherries on your stashes. Maybe point to the twelve-step program for it...:anyone:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guilty of that. I'd say I have more guns that I haven't shot than those I have. Some of them I acquired because I just like the nostalgia, they way they look or maybe something else about them.

Sometimes I buy something I think I'll like and wind up not liking it so I don't shoot it.

I'm not really a collector...I'm more of an acquirer.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About the only guns I haven't shot at least a few times are one antique cowboy gun not really safe to shoot and can't find ammo anyway, one old German Mauser still packed with cosmoline, and a 2nd Gen Colt Navy black Powder (which I may shoot some day) and same with a 3rd Gen Colt BP 1862 Navy. Oh yeah, I used to have an original 1851 Colt Navy that was unshootable once.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot everything I buy! Scrolling thru the classifieds and I see 'never been shot' more often than not. Not sure if we just have a majority of BS artists out there or if I'm just the odd man out and must shoot everything I own. How do you guys do it (resist shooting the latest find)? Maybe I'm weak or have nonexistent self control or maybe just too small of a stockpile. Tell me ya'lls secret to resist popping cherries on your stashes. Maybe point to the twelve-step program for it...:anyone:
i only relay that if that's how its presented to me and i sell before i get a chance to shoot it!!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some that I haven't shot very much, but I have shot all of them at least some. I guess if I ever came across a "true collectors piece" I might not shoot it, but the way I figure, there are very few actual "unfired" guns, if nothing but factory test firings but at least that has happened usually

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only got two that I haven't shot....

1) A Marlin Model 60 Special Edition that still has the stickers and hang tags on it. Was made in 1978 and that's when I got it.

2) An old single shot 12ga, Damascus twist barrel for use with BP shells with a broken stock that was 'repaired' with some kind of hardened tape --- that's how it came to me 55 years ago. Frankly, I'm scared of it!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom