Hi-point any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the sorry Sig. I have a 228, that is as accurate as anything short of (and including some) "match" guns I've shot. It will also eat anything. Hot, mild, hollow point, even the "wadcutters" I made by turning a normal bullet backwards. Over 3000 rounds through it (nothing compared to some others here), and the only thing that jammed it was a primer turned sideways. How I didn't catch that going into the mag, i dunno.

Never shot a HiPoint. But LOLOLOLOLZZZZZZ!!!! at it being "as good as" a Sig. The design of the Sig is reliable and accurate. So unless they've started replacing the feed ramps with sandpaper, or the mags are the suxorz now on all production guns, your "buddy's" 226 is a tried and true lemon.

Then again, I have a "buddy" with a Wilson 1911 that jams every other round, and patterns like a shotgun at 3 yards. LOLOLOL!!!! His Taurus 1911 is more accurate and reliable than the Wilson.

I have GOT to see the Sig that is less accurate and reliable than a HiPoint.
(JK!!!!)

See if he will sell me his Wilson. I like a challenge. CB

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in OKC and would like to buy one right away - this week. Outdoor America doesn't have them in 9mm and I think they'd kick me out of H&H if I even spoke the name. :-) Where can I get one pronto?

B

Check Mustang Pawn and Gun, and Big Boys. They both had some very recently. Do not do business with Gunworld on Sunnylane unless you like to be screwed without the kissing. CB

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've decided I'm gonna take my CF380 out and see if I can get it to jam, I'll video tape it and let you guys see, I'll even bring the camera up on the targets. like I've said the only way I've ever been able to get my HP's to jam is when I'm full out firing as fast as I can, and I've seen people bump em with no malfunction.

so as soon as I find some .380 ammo, I'll be sure to save 100 rounds for my HP and see what it does.

oyousooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from the gun shop in Lone Grove. I brought back a brand new Hi Point C9. Just popped off 50 rounds.
Shoots great for the price $151.51 out the door I really like it.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried one yesterday. It worked just like it was supposed to, and I didn't witness any malfunctions while the owner was shooting it either.

I can't see myself ever buying one since I just really don't like it. I also can't say I'd recommend one because I just don't have enough first hand experience to feel comfortable with it. I do try to keep an open mind though, and unlike many I've seen all over the internet, I can accept that something can be priced low and still work quite well.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one in 9mm. Bought it new at a gunshow just because of the price $149.95 for a 9mm. I even carried it as my CCW for a while. I will say it is heavy,ugly,hard to conceal. But ever time I pulled the trigger it went bang and hit where I aimed. I had it for over 2yrs and put about 1000 rds thru it without one FF. I gave it to my Son-in-Law for his birthday last yast year.

I also have the 9mm carbine and it is a ball to shoot. Never had a FF or stovepipe and very accurate. Just wish someone would make high cap mags for it.

Rex

Paulinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As always you get what you pay for. A friend bought a new c-9, and it shoots pretty good. I would guess its more accurate than 99% of people who would purchase it. It did missfeed a few times, but we used blazer ammo. Overall its not something I would purchase or recommend, but it will function.

Latest posts

Top Bottom