Hidden Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also won’t put cameras in my home while anyone is (supposed to be) present, unless pointed out a window with the microphone physically disconnected. Haven’t heard of WYZE until now. At that price, I’m going to get one and see if I can get the casing open and the microphone line cut.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stick with the standard(no pan/tilt) Wyze Cams, they work better.

I also have some of these charging block cams I bought to play with. No internet connection, just records on a micro SD card.

https://www.amazon.com/WRD-Charger-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VWZK92QHFWPW1EVF038J

I agree. The pan cam is still a work in progress. I turned off the auto pan feature and just use it like a regular cam, but even in manual mode you can just sweep your finger across the screen of the cell phone and manually turn it up or down, left or right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also won’t put cameras in my home while anyone is (supposed to be) present, unless pointed out a window with the microphone physically disconnected. Haven’t heard of WYZE until now. At that price, I’m going to get one and see if I can get the casing open and the microphone line cut.
You only have to turn the microphone off via the cell phone, not cut. We don't run ours when we are home. Turn them off via the cell phone and turn them on when leaving the home to maintain your privacy when at home.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only have to turn the microphone off via the cell phone, not cut. We don't run ours when we are home. Turn them off via the cell phone and turn them on when leaving the home to maintain your privacy when at home.
Thanks for pointing out you can turn it off. But if you can turn the mic on with your phone, someone who hacks into can turn the mic on as well. I’m not comfortable with that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out you can turn it off. But if you can turn the mic on with your phone, someone who hacks into can turn the mic on as well. I’m not comfortable with that.
Are you doing things at home you don't want people to hear about? LOL. Just kidding. Whatever floats your boat and makes you feel comfortable.
The TV or radio is about the only thing they would pick up around my house. We don't discuss anything nefarious to be concerned about.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom