High Rent Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lewis, you should be making decent margins on 5 properties. If you need tips or help start a thread with the main problems and we'll try to help you show a profit. Your tax returns should ALWAYS be a loss though, unless you're trying to finance more property.

I’m thinking of renting out a property of mine. I may have to get some tipps off of you.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every way you figure it buying a house when values are increasing builds wealth more than almost anything. Renters usually have poor to marginal credit and next to nothing in the bank. Not all but most. While some choose to rent for other reasons most can’t afford or qualify to buy a house.
When I was single, I saw renting as a luxury good because I liked the ability to be flexible and chase O&G jobs. I rented a place that included lawn care, so all of my upkeep was just keeping the inside tidy and clean. I would fix the little stuff myself because I was capable and it was less hassle than asking the owner to schedule repair guys.

Owning a home is a great way to hedge against inflation though. Now that I have a family, I see more value in providing a stable home for them. In this scenario, owning a home is a luxury good even though I really dislike having to take the time to fix little stuff and keep up with a lawn, etc. My natural disposition is to value experiences over stuff, but sometimes those experiences are enhanced by stuff and the value and security it provides people that I care about.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You either play the game or the game plays you.
Some folks acknowledge they are not wired to compete in the existing game so they fight twice as hard to change the rules to something they feel gives themselves a competitive advantage. When it becomes apparent the game isn't going to change anytime soon, it turns into cries of foul play, comparing the people who are competing to the antichrist, and attempting to become some soothsayer going on about how its all going to end and we are all going to perish in pain and fire and agony.

The truth is, most successful people are pretty damn adaptable. If the environment changes, they reassess, set new strategies and goals, and push onward and upward. That tendency is the primary reason they are successful and the cause for less adaptable people to call them "traitors" to a cause they never championed to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom