High-Speed Chase in Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trooper who PITTed her was shaken up when he got out of his car? He took his time walking around the car and drawing his sidearm, it seemed. Or did he just know they weren’t going anywhere fast?

I would expect he may have been a little dazed knowing he might have just taken three lives. That's something nobody wants to do, but he knew he was protecting other lives by doing it. Probably took a few seconds for that to all come together in his mind.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Annie! Looked like she was tooling through the stop lights and signs until the cops got right behind her, then she lit out.

The trooper who PITTed her was shaken up when he got out of his car? He took his time walking around the car and drawing his sidearm, it seemed. Or did he just know they weren’t going anywhere fast?

Hmmmm, not sure. I don't see him being shook about much of anything as he's been at the job a long time and has seen it all. I read it as he was just sizing up the situation for a second. I can tell you this, for sure, he is every bit as good a shot as he is race car driver and he would have 10-ringed any combination of those assholes if it had been warranted. He didn't jump right out of his car because he was finishing up with dispatch. My guess he did not perceive any of them as a threat or he would have come out of that car with his gun drawn. Probably no movement in the car for a few seconds. Because I can guarantee you the girls in that car were WAY more shook than he might have been. Once he saw movement he drew his gun.

But ... your guess is as good as mine until I get the chance to chat with him. And honestly, I probably won't bring it up except to ask him if he's gonna have a career with NASCAR when he retires from OHP. Lol

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, when she ran down 108th, they had to take her out. There are way too many blind intersections in that area for someone to go blowing through them. She would've gotten somebody killed.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lmao! That is what Grumpy said last night. He was telling me that at one LEDT class be was teaching someone asked what the maximum speed you could TVI a car at (grammar po-po leave me alone! I'm an Okie!!).
An Okie got a scholarship to Harvard. One day he was told about a party that night.

"Where's the party at?" he asked the guy next to him.

The guy looks down his nose at the Okie. "At Hahhhhvahhhd, one simply does not end one's sentences with a preposition!"

"OK, so, where's the party at, *******?"

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was on Boyd when the car flew past him. Norman police were a couple minutes behind and then one OHP following. I saw his dash cam footage...not too exciting....but also saw the news helicopter footage when they flew past him and the city bus he was following.
Very well handled incident. Kudos to all officers involved.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trooper who PITTed her was shaken up when he got out of his car? He took his time walking around the car and drawing his sidearm, it seemed. Or did he just know they weren’t going anywhere fast?[/QUOTE]

Nah. When you do that good of work, you soak it in before going on the the next step. Besides he knew nobody was going anywhere after that crash. And you can tell he's experienced because new guys who don't know better go running up on it too soon.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After he did the maneuver, he got out of the car with his hat on! That was a surprise, I guess it's a habit over the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom