Home insurance rate increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had been with Farmers for 8 years. One auto claim in 2018. Other than that no claims of any kind. Fall of last year our homeowners went up nearly 30% and our auto 20%. Shopped around and ended up changing to State Farm. Overall MUCH better coverage and my new annual premiums for all saved me just shy of $3k.
I will definitely be shopping on an annual basis going forward.

jacouls

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, went Progressive for both now. The deductible for wind/hail isn’t as good on the home but everything else was comparable. I’d already switched auto to Progressive a year ago because it was seriously 60% cheaper than Farmers for the same coverage.
I need to get my roof inspected to see if i can get insurance to replace it then i'll probably switch. I'll take a look at progressive, thanks.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get my roof inspected to see if i can get insurance to replace it then i'll probably switch. I'll take a look at progressive, thanks.
it's best to wait until a hail storm then call them out right afterward. If you do it now, they'll likely say "its just old. Too bad." Spring is right around the corner.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else get a huge increase in their home owners insurance? Our’s went from $1884 a year to $3110 a year. Auto went up $200 a year.
Yikes!! Mine went up about $100. It was $3050 and now it’s about $3150. Which is still ridiculous. My car insurance went up about $20 a month. And I bundle everything with State Farm. My county taxes went up about $200. So I had a shortfall in my escrow of about $400. So even if I pay it, my payment will still go up about $25 a month. I’m so sick of it.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use USAA for ours. It goes up every year but so far no major increase in 10 years.

Plus they have been amazing to work with. Had a roof leak, a company came out said we needed a new roof, plus some other things like skylight reglazing. They looked and there had been a hail storm 2 years prior in my area and were saying it was from that and just got bad enough now to leak. Contacted USAA and they came out same day and cut me a 20k check less than 24 hours after I submitted my claim. Every time I have ever dealt with them it’s been awesome customer service.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USAA totally lost me. I was never in the military due to medical issues however my father served USMC from 63-67. I bet I spent two hours on the phone getting “registered” as they refused to provide a quote prior to this. I was looking for an apples to apples direct comparison and found out they were a higher than what I was paying through Geico and the USAA lady said well we can get there by lowering coverage/raising deductible.l to which I answered “can’t Geico do the exact same thing?”
I heard nothing but crickets after that.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys had me worried, so I went and checked my homeowners insurance for this year. Everyone in here is going to hate me, but my insurance actually went DOWN $40. Also checked my property taxes and somehow those were reduced by $44.

Latest posts

Top Bottom