Home insurance rate increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep but ours hit last year, went up around 35%. Just received the policy renewal for this coming year and it only rose 5% which was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting another big increase.
…….bastards!!!! 😉

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It only goes up because of the value of your home at time of snapshot is what they charge for replacement cost.
So if your home is worth in current market $500k and only honestly to replace it will cost $400k, lower your coverage to $400k not their price at $500k. Just an example not financial advice.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep but ours hit last year, went up around 35%. Just received the policy renewal for this coming year and it only rose 5% which was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting another big increase.

…….bastards!!!! 

Yes, ours went up by about the same amount as yours.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ours is with Great Northwest Insurance through Geico. We had Travelers but they went sky high and we made the switch two years ago. Before that I had everything with Allstate who treated me well for 38 years, that was until we moved to Oklahoma and they tried to double-triple our rates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom