home invasion story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't have young kids around, so its easier for us. Guns are secreted around the house in different places. I carry a pocket pistol until going to bed, but there are bigger guns near by if needed.
When we do get kids for the holidays, or whenever, we lock them away, but still never put the CC away.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can wear a good gun belt and IWB or OWB holster with sweatpants or even in your birthday suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, yes, this is true... but half of the comfort of wearing my loungewear is not having to wear a belt. UGH. I've got flubber that has to be cinched in tight, so the belt is uncomfortable. Add an actual gun onto that and it's even worse. I much prefer keeping one sitting next to me on the brick around the fireplace when I'm in my recliner.

I've got a lot of work to do, honestly, to be "well-prepared" at home for something like this story related above. But every little bit helps. I really really really like those recessed gun boxes, though. Need to look into that more. Maybe find someone locally who will make me some that aren't $500 apiece.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the past year I've been learning to operate an AR and had been thinking about making it the primary home defense weapon. I even recently purchased a weapon light to mount for that purpose. Reading that post reinforces what I was already thinking--train with the AR and get the wife to train with the AR.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Shared this with the wife... she is always putting my guns "away" in the safe. Of course, my son has friends come over. We need to find a happy medium... someplace to hide a couple of them around the house where no one knows they are around except me and her.

And also talked to her about carrying in the house. She is very active, always working around the house and she says it would get in the way, but she is just going to have to learn to get used to it. So am I, honestly. I am guilty of taking mine off and putting it on top of the fridge when I come home - they're heavy. And how do I wear one when I'm wearing "lounge pants" - you know, those flannel-like long pants, almost like pajama bottoms? Man, when I'm home, I spend most of my time in those comfortable, stretchy things.

We gotta work on preparedness some more.

<edit> We talked about the long gun thing, too. Gonna keep an AR locked and loaded and probably a shotgun, too. Those will stay in the bedroom, she's just gonna have to lock the bedroom when kids are over. I gotta put my foot down, she keeps locking them back in the safe, which is the worst feckin' place for a home defense scenario.

Just got around to reading the whole story and going through this thread. My wife and I just carry our guns around the house when we aren't wearing "carry" clothes. As in, just pick it up and carry it around whenever you move around. It's usually on the end table within arms reach whenever I'm watching TV.

We call them "comfy pants". Same thing.

I keep an AR(s) and shotgun(s) ready in the house. Usually in the master closet. I keep them mag loaded but not chamber loaded.

This made me realize we need to get out and practice with the long guns. We are both reasonably proficient with handguns.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
s2.quickmeme.com_img_3e_3e7bd9701eccf8892d02d804a2404b1903476d7a00e18b046c75812f5d8d2e4a.jpg

c7ffebeb8ee53804e142ef87b134e240.jpg

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom