How are the roads in Tulsa and the Muskogee Turnpike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ought to be fine. Ink on Harvard I'm gonna assume Outsiders? Who's working on you?

Anthony Carrera at Pen & Ink Tattoo.

Urban Tulsa Magazine named him the top tattoo artist in Tulsa a few months back. He's good people. Unfortunately, it takes 5 months or so to get an appointment, and I had to cancel my last two. :( No way I wanna miss this one.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Highway 169 in Tulsa was clear this morning. Drive safely.

Wait - five months to get a tattoo? I definitely have a different mindset than you folks who get tattoos!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Highway 169 in Tulsa was clear this morning. Drive safely.

Wait - five months to get a tattoo? I definitely have a different mindset than you folks who get tattoos!

When you're applying large amounts of ink to your body in a permanent manner, it should be undertaken with real thought behind it.

In my case, I am working on full half-sleeves and a full back... so the competency and style of the artist are of utmost importance. I've spent between 3 and 4 grand in the last 15 months on ink, so it's not a huge concern to me to have to wait to get the RIGHT person and style to do my work. I've got an easy 5-10 grand of work left to do. It's art, it's permanent, and it's beautiful. I think it's totally worth it. Sucks that I had to cancel my last two dates, or I would probably be finishing up my sleeves today! :(

I still haven't decided on my back motif yet, so I'm not in a huge hurry... I honestly think it should be a project undertaken with the utmost care. It's more important than having the right person decorate your home or modify your vehicle. This is PERMANENT and removing artwork of this extent is nigh on impossible. It's a lifetime commitment.

So, yeah... I want to make sure it is the right concept and the right execution.

Anthony is amazing. His work is quality and I don't think I go a day in contact with the public that I don't get some kind of complement on the quality and caliber of the ink I display. And I wouldn't have it any other way. People may not agree with me having it or displaying it, given my chosen field of work, but while they may not agree with the concept of me having it or showing it, no one has ever questioned the quality.

That's my stance, anyways. Anyone who wants to see a quality artist at work is welcome to come by and check it out in action today. PM me. I should be there from noon till 5, but I will be leaving here at 10AM and may not get any PMs beyond that point. Someone here like nofearfactor I think will likely back up this mentality. Don't let someone permanently alter your body that you don't have the utmost faith in.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you're applying large amounts of ink to your body in a permanent manner, it should be undertaken with real thought behind it.

Sorry, I was vague with my last comment. I realize that some people think tattoos, done well, are works of art. Me... well, I equate it to graffiti applied to the wall of a church. The art work may be very well executed, but it's still out of place.

No knock on those who like tattoos - it's just not for me. To each his or her own.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I was vague with my last comment. I realize that some people think tattoos, done well, are works of art. Me... well, I equate it to graffiti applied to the wall of a church. The art work may be very well executed, but it's still out of place.

No knock on those who like tattoos - it's just not for me. To each his or her own.

I get that, and it's cool.

I honestly don't mind those people who do judge me because they see that I have a shaved head, pierced ears and tattoos (NOT saying this is you!). When I realize that's what they're doing, it really lets me know that those are not the kind of people I need to associate with or need in my life. Maybe it's a bit of a depth-finder for me, if you will.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Amen.

(Custom well thought out work is the only way to go if youre serious about something that will be with you forever. Im involved in the industry on the business end the last 15 years as a shop owner but I put my time in back in the day slipping liquid under peoples skin. I also have spent many hours in the chair getting work done as a customer. I will travel wherever I have to to get work done by someone I want work from. Im about 60% covered- full sleeves, legs, neck, etc. Got my first at 18 while apprenticing in my first shop during art school. Have many more hours of work to go before Im finally done and satisfied enough to stop. I have an appt coming up after the first of the year to do some work on my back with a very well known NYC artist friend who usually is booked up solid a year or two ahead. The appointment deposit is paid and Im booked. It will probably snow me in there too like it did the last time I was in NY. O well, I'll hang out and get drunk and fat from all the good restaurants. Another well known artist I go down to Florida and stay at his house for a month at a time while he tattoos on the sleeve he started when he was lesser known, and he's still not done with it. He works on it when I can catch him not busy or when Im not busy. I want work by these 2 other awesome artists that I havent even met yet but are friends of friends, its been a goal of mine to collect pieces by them for years. One is in Chicago and the other in LA.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom