How are you being proactive for our 2A rights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pissing off anybody who will still listen to me who is for taking our rights or for any type of gun/ammo/gear control. I dont know how many people have un-friended me on Facebook for my rants. Waaa. F em.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Hoddy:

Thank you for contacting me about the Second Amendment. As your voice in Washington, I appreciate being made aware of your views.

When I was sworn in after being elected to the Congress, I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. The Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The intent of the legislation at the time it was adopted was crystal clear. The Founding Fathers included the Second Amendment because they believed a well-armed populace was the ultimate check on the power of the federal government. If one were to argue the Second Amendment does not prevent the federal government from abridging the individual right of citizens to own a gun, the second half of the Amendment is rendered meaningless.

Thomas Jefferson wrote in Commonplace Book, "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

I am very satisfied that the United States Supreme Court ruled in 2008 in a landmark 5-4 decision (District of Columbia v. Heller) that the Washington D.C. gun ban is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court also positively affirmed that "(t)he Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

Before the Supreme Court heard this case, I joined former Vice President Cheney, 54 other Senators, and 250 Members of the House of Representatives – including all members of the Oklahoma delegation – in submitting an amicus brief urging the Supreme Court to hold that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess firearms.

Recently, the Supreme Court heard another Second Amendment case (McDonald v. City of Chicago) regarding Chicago's handgun ban. Fortunately, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the Second Amendment applies to state and local government gun laws. I signed another amicus brief filed in McDonald, asking the Supreme Court to affirm that the right to keep and bear arms applies to state and local governments through the Fourteenth Amendment. You will be interested to know that when I signed the amicus brief in District of Colombia v. Heller, it had the support of more Members of Congress than any other amicus brief in history. I am now pleased to say the amicus brief filed in McDonald v. City of Chicago has even more signatories, with a total of 251 Members of the House of Representatives and 58 Senators signing on to the brief.

As your Senator, I will continue to strongly oppose any effort to undermine the Second Amendment and an individual citizen's right to keep and bear arms. Again, thank you for your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

James M. Inhofe
United States Senator

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my Letter sent

Senator Thomas Allen Coburn,

I am writing to you with the utmost urgency to determine your stance on the situation over the possible reinstatement of the Assault Weapons Ban. It has come to my attention that the President has begun discussing the option about using his executive order authority to implement his own agenda to overrule the nations Second Amendment Rights by instituting another AWB.

I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer that has supported this great country of ours for almost 23 years of Active Naval service, against ALL, enemies foreign and domestic.

In my eyes, to play to the likes of ANTI gun citizens is not conducive with the Law abiding citizens that have weapons and use them responsibly. All of this rhetoric began with the acts of some crazy lunatic that was the product of an irresponsible mother who should have never had weapons around a disturbed human being. As we all know, there is no way to predict or control mentally ill people that decided to hurt others, and then take their own life instead of face the repercussions of their violent acts against helpless, defenseless public educators and innocent children.

So here is my pledge to you. I will do everything in my legal power to educate people in the responsible use and control of weapons. However, I expect the same pledge from you as my Senator. I also might add that if this AWB passes, I will do everything within my legal rights as a gun owner to ensure that the people who vote in support of the President’s policies will not receive my vote for any additional terms in office.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hindi

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am convinced that in the next few years most of our rights and freedoms will be taken or given away.

The writing is on the wall.

When people on a gun forum, in the reddest state in the union, are willing to add more restrictions and controls that reduce our freedoms, we are heading towards the end of America as we know it.

We have gone over the cliff, and don't know it, because we haven't yet hit bottom.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I send letters almost every day! Some are suggested letters from different sites, while others are personal from me. Having homes in Louisiana and Oklahoma, I send them to both sets of leaders.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am writing letters and emails and calling my state and national represenatives on a regular basis. I also sent emails to the President, Vice President and the Speaker of the House. I also emailed Diane Feinstein for fun.

I have renewed my NRA membership and donated to the NRA-ILA. I have bought several gift memberships for family members. I also joined the Gun Owners of America.

I am educating my self on the 2nd Amendment, the history of gun control, and crime/gun statistics.

I am scheduling an after hours pro 2A meeting at my workplace for interested employees. I am putting together information packets explaining the 2nd Amd, detailing crime/gun statistics, pro gun organization info, and government representative contact info.

I am talking about the issue with as many people as I can. I am trying to motivate people to fight the issue now.

I plan on participating in as many pro 2A events as I can.

I am not conceding to a ban. I am not conceding my Second Amendment rights. I am not conceding my Liberty.

This! I am doing as much on this list as I can. I'm in a bit of a financial crunch so gift memberships and the like are a little tough. I plan on joining the NRA when I get paid, tomorrow.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well played, sir!!!

I am working to get as many people to join the NRA as I can. So far, I've gotten four people to sign up. I am also sending emails to the reps/legislators weekly. Several of the YouTube channels I subscribe to have links on their video descriptions that makes emailing your legislators very easy (also on the NRA-ILA website). My dad, brother, and wife are signed up to take the concealed carry course this saturday...don't know if that counts or not.
Awesome. I signed up 4 people today for the NRA>
I also joined 2AF and GOA earlier this week.
Also,pplease call you senators and congressman's office at least once a week saying "Hey, we are very much against ANY 2A or anti-gun legislation".
All political contributions of mine needless to say, are going to NRA as of now. I hope they hold firm and do NOt compromise.

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom