How do you get yours out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manpower. Pull, drag & stop to catch my breath. I have a deer cart which will never get worn out (or even broken in). If I knew I would take a deer on a certain hunt I would take it, but to me it just isn't worth the trouble to have to take it each time.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hunt in the Cookson Hills where all the hunting is on the benches of hillsides. Shoot the deer and they head down hill. That combined with heavy wet leaf covering the ground it is next to impossible to drag them all the way up hill so we use a Sportsman 700.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
up until 2007 it was grab a leg or horn and get to pulling but i havent drug a deer more than few feet since i got my Polaris Ranger..... also beats carrying stands and 50lb bags of feed a half mile or so.... I wouldnt say they are worth the $$$ but its too late now im spoiled

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mostly use the Rubicon...

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_l_61f677fd051342d1905b42a115163d33.jpg

Occasionally use the Can-Am...

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_l_f73e21c7aa44489ba16841aa623b9f6d.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like this until I get to a place the Toyota fits.
ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_1307.jpg

We have a roll up deer sled at camp that works pretty good, we it use sometimes if it's a big deer on a long drag. An ATV couldn't get much further than my truck can get in most places, it's on foot only it's so tight. A few stands we can drive right up to, some of them it's a pretty good drag through tight woods. Good news is it's always downhill as we hunt ridge tops and the road is in the valley.

I hope to get a couple mules one day. The eat grass and crap kind, not the ATV. Pretty sure a mule could get through some tight spaces and get up the ridges. Plus I just like mules. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like this until I get to a place the Toyota fits.
We have a roll up deer sled at camp that works pretty good we use sometimes if it's a big deer on a long drag. An ATV couldn't get much further than my truck can get in most places, it's on foot only. A few stands we can drive right up too, some its a pretty good drag through tight woods. Good news is it's always downhill as we hunt ridge tops and the road is in the valley.

I hope to get a couple mules one day. The eat grass and crap kind, not the ATV. Pretty sure a mule could get through some tight spaces and get up the ridges. Plus I just like mules. :D

Mules would work. My uncle, since passed away was a mule fan.
He was the only person in my family that hunted.
We rode mules chasing yotes behind grey hounds in osage county when a fence was a rare thing to see. Come to a fence, and they just step over. The guys on horses, had problems.
Sadly those days are over.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty cool Dennis.

I've long wanted a couple mules. Mule owners are biased, but every one tells me they are smarter than a horse. Having seen horses do some really stupid things, I find that easy to believe. I've never liked horses.

An old guy I talked to one time that used to hunt with mules in the Rockies said if you want a horse to go down something dangerous he knows will get him and you hurt, he'll do it to please you. A mule will look at you and say "You first, dumbass."

I live 4 miles from my dad, so I'm hoping to get one and him get one also, and alternate keeping them in his pasture and mine. Maybe in a few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom