How has carrying changed your behavior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How has carrying changed your behavior?

• I'm more adverse to taking risks.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • I'm bolder, and won't shy away from riskier situations.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Nothing changed, but I feel safer.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Nothing changed, heck I forget its there.

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the Martin / Zimmerman topics being brought up I thought it would be interested to see what if any changes people have made to their decision making process since they made the choice to carry.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I no longer drink and drive. Really, I use to stop EVERYDAY after work and grab a 16oz BudLight for the trip home. I never hesitated grabbing a beer "for the road" any time I headed out.

Coz

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's my poll, I went first.

I'm actually more adverse to risk. Since I started carrying I've noticed the following things about myself.

- I'm less likely to have road rage, and throw up a middle finger at another driver.

- I'm more careful about drinking. If I know I'm going somewhere to have a drink and I'm starting from home, I leave it at home. If I meet up with friends it stays in the glovebox, and I keep my drinking to a minimum, if even at all.

- I still won't go to the sketchy gas stations even though they are closer to my house then the nearest QT.

- In general I'm a much better driver now, the last thing I want to do is getting a speeding ticket and go through the potential complications of how the LEO might respond to my carrying.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted more adverse to risk, which I also interpreted as, more averse to confrontation.

With great power comes great responsibility. The power to take a life is nothing to be taken lightly. If there is any way I can avoid a confrontation while carrying, even if it means looking like a puss to bystanders none the wiser, I will avoid it. I don't particularly care what total strangers think of me. I'd hate to be on the bottom of a scuffle getting my head beaten on the concrete by a young man's fists and have anyone who could possibly be nearby have anything to say but "The guy was trying to walk away", "He was trying to leave", etc.

I'd hate to have someone think I was out looking for trouble, and then i found it so I could use my gun.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More averse to risk. Sit facing the door at restaurants, sit on the outside of the booth. Public restrooms, its the stall furthest from the door. Walking with my little girl, she holds my left hand and is on my left side. If I have to send a text or read an email, I stand with my back to something. Wife won't carry a gun, but she does carry a taser. It's the little things that add up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom