How is your turkey scouting going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we had a guy around Ponca several years ago that was the king of the roadhunters. He was the same way, if some landowner caught him, he had no problem telling them that their wheat fields would go up in smoke, and so on. Pretty much a low-life.
Unfortunatly I had to work with him, and got all of the stories.

I guess its poetic justice, as one day he saw a covey of quail in a guys barnyard, jumped out of the truck with his 20 ga shotgun, and caught the trigger on something. 3" load caught him right in the ankle, and the Doctors had to amputate his foot.

Last I've heard about him, is that he gave up road hunting, and started hunting the bottle.

I would have to agree with others about poetic justice.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess its poetic justice, as one day he saw a covey of quail in a guys barnyard, jumped out of the truck with his 20 ga shotgun, and caught the trigger on something. 3" load caught him right in the ankle, and the Doctors had to amputate his foot.

Ol karma'll sneak up and bite you in the tail. How appropriate that it caught him in the act too. I will do all I can to prevent trespassing and road hunting, but when I'm up against rotten people that do not respect their neighbors... not a lot one can do. Best thing I have found to prevent that is simply by making a presence known. They are cowards and won't do anything if they think there are others around, so just be around.

HCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out this morning. The wind was brutal. Anybody know of decent public hunting land within an hour of OKC for turkeys. I am paying to go hunt a private place down near Altus but I like paying for a lease for only Turkeys.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got out tonight with a buddy's kid. Never heard a gobble in that wind but it looked like one gobbled a couple times. Finally got one sucked in about 30 minutes before sundown and the kid made a great shot at 18 yrds with his 20 ga OU. We saw 2 good birds and one jake and they had about 8 hens with them. His bird was a young one but had 6" beard and short spurs. I'll post a pic up when his dad sends me one. We had a great time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom