How many backup mags do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just one spare on duty? I had two on my belt and two in the car and a box of 4 hidden under the seat. But that was the 1911. For revolver I had 4 Safariland speed loaders on my belt plus a 6 round special duty ammo on my belt. 3 snake shot, 3 armor piercing.

I work in a pretty low threat environment. Not putting my head in the sand nor saying "it won't happen here" because it surely could.

However, I work the zombie shift, 2300-0700. Statistically, all mass shootings happen during daytime hours when more people are present, that gives the assailant a larger body count, which is their desire.

If I worked day shift, when the campus is brimming over with faculty, staff and students, then yeah, chances are I would carry more ammo with me

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in a pretty low threat environment. Not putting my head in the sand nor saying "it won't happen here" because it surely could.

However, I work the zombie shift, 2300-0700. Statistically, all mass shootings happen during daytime hours when more people are present, that gives the assailant a larger body count, which is their desire.

If I worked day shift, when the campus is brimming over with faculty, staff and students, then yeah, chances are I would carry more ammo with me
Does the PD or SO ever chase anyone onto campus? Do they assist you or vice versa when they have something on campus or close?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the PD or SO ever chase anyone onto campus? Do they assist you or vice versa when they have something on campus or close?

Seminole PD will come to assist whenever we call. The SO would too, but they are usually out in the county somewhere and not in town.

In the 17 years that I've been here, they're has never been a fugitive at large on our campus. That's not saying it couldn't happen, it just hasn't...yet. :lookaroun

okie ruger shooter

Don't look for no trouble don't receive no trouble
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with my CZ75 compact i carry two spare 15 round mags. I wear a shoulder rig a lot and have mags under my right arm and handgun under left arm.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seminole PD will come to assist whenever we call. The SO would too, but they are usually out in the county somewhere and not in town.

In the 17 years that I've been here, they're has never been a fugitive at large on our campus. That's not saying it couldn't happen, it just hasn't...yet. :lookaroun
As long as I made you think about it... :chat:

Latest posts

Top Bottom