How much are COWS worth???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh come on now. Hadn't you read the whole Hank the Cow Dog series? Don't you know no bettern to squat with yer spurs on? If dogs run free, then why cant we, across the swamp of time.?

??? i dont know what the hell that's supposed to mean. but i do know if you run your horse & dogs & those cattle in 100+ degree weather you're liable to kill em all. those three head are worth quite a bit, but not nearly enough to risk a good horse & dogs.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
??? i dont know what the hell that's supposed to mean. but i do know if you run your horse & dogs & those cattle in 100+ degree weather you're liable to kill em all. those three head are worth quite a bit, but not nearly enough to risk a good horse & dogs.
You've had an epiphany. Good for you. I like to think that I've played a small role here. Btw: how's it going selling them feed lot cowboys them $400 dollar hats?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tranquilizer dart is necessary for this project. RWS is right though about this heat. Get to chasing them for an extended period of time and they will stroke out.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the deal. The cows have been abandoned. It only takes a couple of weeks of not having human interdiction in their life to start reverting back into wild animals.
Its not that different than hogs.
A friends dad bought 6 breeding pairs, and got sick a year later. Those six turned into 30 something in a few years.
They were as wary as whitetail deer. Seeing a human, they would bolt for cover.
We tried catch pens for weeks, and everything else with no results.
Finally hired some REAL COWBOYS that work on Osage county ranches and work cattle for a living.
It took three weeks to round up most of the cows, roping them. They finally gave up on the remaining four.

Its unfortunate to have to say this but shooting them is probably the easiest, quickest, cheapest solution.

Pm me for more information. BTW, I don't need the meat in case anybody is wondering.
The cow wisperer.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same situation a few years back. After checking out what I could do, I found a solution. I sent a certified letter stating the animals had to be removed. He signed for the letter. If he did not sign, I would have to publish a notice in the paper. Then I waited 30 days. After the wait, I "hired" a guy to catch the animals that did not belong to me. He hauled them to the sale barn and the sale barn cut him a check for hauling. The check for the remainder was made out to the actual owner and mailed to his last known address. It was either that or catch them myself, board the animals until my costs exceded their value. Then I could sell them myself at the sale barn. IIRC If I just took them without the owner notification then that would be considered theft.

ps I think there is a member here on OSA that specializes in wild animal control. I cannot remember is handle. Maybe one of the other members can help out.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a couple 400 ish lbs calves and one wild ***** you have there. Better have some legit pens to get her loaded. T-posts and wire panels won't cut it with that one.

Psssh. She looks real friendly. OP, what you want to do is run up (sneak up real slow like until they start moving away from you, then BOLT) and get one of those calves in a half-nelson and walk it up a 2"x12" into the back of your pickup. If you see momma approaching, she just wants to help you nudge that calf up the ramp. Don't worry about her.

Have fun. :)

What does iggy know about catching no wild stock, anyways? He knows a guy who knows a guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom