How much are COWS worth???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My processor does over 700 deer a year.
Trust me, they cannot do a cow that cannot walk in.

Call your processor and tell me I'm wrong.

In any of these posts did you see anyone write anything about one of the animals not being able to walk. You are making a big deal out of something that wasn't even being discussed. I never recommended or hinted that he should kill the animal and then take it to the processing plant. I only mentioned deer processing to give him a remote idea of what it might cost him to have one of the animals processed.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In any of these posts did you see anyone write anything about one of the animals not being able to walk. You are making a big deal out of something that wasn't even being discussed. I never recommended or hinted that he should kill the animal and then take it to the processing plant. I only mentioned deer processing to give him a remote idea of what it might cost him to have one of the animals processed.
Relax Francis, I think several of us talked about cattle that couldn't walk. A cow that doesn't have its guts in has a terrible time dancing the two step.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we've had alot of calls wanting us to catch "the neighbors" cows. you & anybody who goes to catch em better make DANG SURE you have legal rights to em before you do anything. thats a felony amount & those TSCRA boys dont play.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something else to think about. Is this the only cow the vanished neighbor couldn't catch?Some times if you only catch the easy ones year after year, you select for the rank wild and crazy. "oh just get a dog or two." Yeah OK. Some cattle will wear out a good cowman. Rodeo time. Fun project for all involved.

You obviously haven't seen a good set of dogs work. I know some dogs that the owner only has to make a few noises and the dogs know what to do. I'm talking round up cattle that are 1/4-1/2 mile away and bring them right back to you. Faster than any cowboy could ever think of doing on their own. He can tell the dogs to make the cows go left, right, turn it, whatever. And if your thinking this might be a "crazy cow" because it's the last one in the pasture think again. I've seen a bull that no man wanted a part of or could handle, get turned into a little ***** when a good cow dog bites a hold of his nuts with its teeth and sits down. That bull was swinging the dog around in the air at one point and the dog never let go of that bull's nuts. Then it set down with the bulls nuts in its mouth and didn't let go until the owner told the dog to let go. After that the bull did what ever that dog wanted it to do. Same for holding on to a cows tail, etc. Some of these dogs have done it so long they barely have any teeth left, hand motions are all it takes for that dog.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, two dogs loading a wild cow in a trailer without any kind of bottle neck. I know you wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I appreciate the benifit of your experience.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know alotta guys who are capable. one of which regularly works for (& i believe has a contract with) OHP to catch cattle on the highways. it's everday's buisiness for him to load cattle with nothing but rope, horse, & dogs.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know alotta guys who are capable. one of which regularly works for (& i believe has a contract with) OHP to catch cattle on the highways. it's everday's buisiness for him to load cattle with nothing but rope, horse, & dogs.
Rope and horse introduces a whole nother thing into the equasion. Plus ever cow spilt on the highway idnt crazy or mean or smart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom