Hugs present a whole different issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to a family funeral Friday. Large family gathering and a lot of hugging. Never gave my CCW so much attention. Was never "made" but it was awkward at times.

Coz

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But usually if I know them well enough to hug they know I'm carrying.
Yup, and I don't care if someone finds out if I am. It's legal and I don't think I'll be hugging someone that also might try to get the drop on me and take me out before killing a room full of people. I don't hear about that kind of thing happening every Tuesday, so I'm okay with someone learning I'm carrying. The worst that could happen is someone who doesn't like guns gets a little uncomfortable. Family or not, that's not my problem.

What gets me is reaching for something while bending and having my shirt rise up and hang on my gun's grip. I'm 5'11" and 32" jeans are long on me. That makes for a long torso and large shirts that just cover my belt by a couple of inches. XL hangs low enough, but looks like I'm wearing a tent. I've pretty much taken to carrying my pocket .380 instead of my XDs when I wear a T-shirt, unless I"m wearing a coat that I won't be removing, in order to avoid showing. I just toss it in my back pocket and go (holstered, of course).

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't want to make any kind of scene at a family funeral where I hardly knew anybody. Otherwise don't care either.

Yup, and I don't care if someone finds out if I am. It's legal and I don't think I'll be hugging someone that also might try to get the drop on me and take me out before killing a room full of people. I don't hear about that kind of thing happening every Tuesday, so I'm okay with someone learning I'm carrying. The worst that could happen is someone who doesn't like guns gets a little uncomfortable. Family or not, that's not my problem.

What gets me is reaching for something while bending and having my shirt rise up and hang on my gun's grip. I'm 5'11" and 32" jeans are long on me. That makes for a long torso and large shirts that just cover my belt by a couple of inches. XL hangs low enough, but looks like I'm wearing a tent. I've pretty much taken to carrying my pocket .380 instead of my XDs when I wear a T-shirt, unless I"m wearing a coat that I won't be removing, in order to avoid showing. I just toss it in my back pocket and go (holstered, of course).

Latest posts

Top Bottom