Hunting Work Out Routine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else getting ready for a mountain hunt and hitting the gym hard? I am doing a weight/circuit training routine on m-w-f with lots of lunges and squats and then doing cardio workouts on t-t-s. Trying to get to 200 lbs by Sept 1. I started at 238 about 2 weeks ago when I found out I had drawn a tag and am down to 226 so far.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get to hunt the mountains but that is nearly my exact routine except I take Saturday off too. Where do you w/o? I use Total Health. Good luck on that next 26 lbs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck on the weight loss!
I get so much walking/ lifting, stair climbing, etc in at work every day that I don't use a work out plan.
The American heart asso gave us a seminar at one of our safety meetings one time and gave us some pedometers, saying we need to take a minimum of 10,000 steps a day to stay "heart healthy".
Most of us at the plant were putting in almost 20k steps a day, dodging supervisors, and getting to he hidey holes :D:D

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work out at the YMCA Matt and am usually down there at 6 AM. My wife is a personal fitness trainer/aerobic instructor at Gym One and she put me on this plan. It is getting easier and she told me last night it is time to change it up some. I want to start playing some racquetball too when I get a little more of this weight off so it is easier on my knees.

Reaction score
I walk to the mailbox and back, then climb up a ladder to the roof of my house, to simulate walking to my stand from the road, then climbing up in it. :D J/K.

What are the details of this 'mountain hunt'?

But right now I run on the treadmill, twice per week, anywhere from 2.5 miles to 4.0 miles - plan is to start doing 3.11 miles (5K) each Tues & Thurs. I also lift weights 3 times a week.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get back to lifting. I've been watching my food intake and have dropped from 195 to 186. I'm 5'11, so I feel mid 170's is about right.

I do cardio at least 3 nights a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom