Hypocrites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know how to create a libertarian? Just take a conservative and remove all common sense. And remember, never get between a libertarian and his hookers and blow.

Good one!

Now hand in your taxes so we can keep you safe, and send your kids overseas, and make sure the scary homosexuals don't get you, and make sure you hire the right people, and you we know much better than you what things you should be allowed to buy, do, smoke, go,watch, ride, build, say...

Above all: Be Patriotic.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody wants freedom, except for their own particular pet cause which is just so damn important that it has to be forced on everyone by the government. The problem is that there is no shortage of these pet causes, and their supporters are really good at getting together with others like them and lobbying to get them passed into law.

If you're willing to infringe on someone else's freedom in even one narrow aspect, you should expect that there will be others who want to infringe on some of your own cherished liberty. Supporters of government licensure of marriage should not be shocked when others come and try to license their guns. After all, they helped perpetuate the system that holds it is OK to infringe on someone's rights if you get enough people together to vote on it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody wants freedom, except for their own particular pet cause which is just so damn important that it has to be forced on everyone by the government. The problem is that there is no shortage of these pet causes, and their supporters are really good at getting together with others like them and lobbying to get them passed into law.

If you're willing to infringe on someone else's freedom in even one narrow aspect, you should expect that there will be others who want to infringe on some of your own cherished liberty. Supporters of government licensure of marriage should not be shocked when others come and try to license their guns. After all, they helped perpetuate the system that holds it is OK to infringe on someone's rights if you get enough people together to vote on it.

This is absolutely true. Unfortuneately, we have proven time and again that Man is incapable of governing himself. We must have someone to tell us what to do. we keep asking for it. (collectively)

If gays can marry, that'll be fine. The laws of nature dictate that they shall not procreate. Next is the law forcing adoption agencies to give them children....

We always want to be free to exercise our "rights", but want to force someone else to help us evade the consequences of our choices.

I should be free to eat and drink as much as I want. When my back and knees are shot from carrying my obese carcass around, I now want taxpayers to support me, 'cause I'm handicapped, you know.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If gays can marry, that'll be fine. The laws of nature dictate that they shall not procreate. Next is the law forcing adoption agencies to give them children....

Until hetro's step up to the plate and start adopting kids we should probably leave this one alone. A loving home with gay parents has got to be better than no home and no love at all.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If marriage is a right you shouldn't need a license from the government to get married. If you need a license it's a privilege which can be revoked/denied, like driving. No one should have to get the government's permission to exercise a right.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until hetro's step up to the plate and start adopting kids we should probably leave this one alone. A loving home with gay parents has got to be better than no home and no love at all.

Agree 100%. Expecially when you factor in the income levels of gay men.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If marriage is a right you shouldn't need a license from the government to get married. If you need a license it's a privilege which can be revoked/denied, like driving. No one should have to get the government's permission to exercise a right.

It is a "right" to certain monetary benefits extended to people who are recognized by the government. Remove the monetary benefits of marriage, you remove thr issue from the table.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So government benefits are rights? That's a slippery slope, but close. Benefits should be applied fairly and equally, but redefining marriage won't do that, it will just let a small group of people into the club while still excluding others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom