I am asking for prayers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Latest update:

"Dave is up in the chair when I arrived to the ICU. His oxygen level needs to come up before they can transfer him to a step down unit. The doctors approved some of his chest tubes to come out today.
When I got here I helped David brush his teeth. He brushed his own teether. I was his face, head, neck and head. I have been using a cold cloth to rouse him, because his pain medication is powerful. The fluid in his face has gone down, but his hands and legs still are swollen from fluid. The color in his face has come back. He is drinking water. Thanks you for your prayers. God is faithful!!
Please pray about his oxygen level."

Sounds like he is recovering well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more:

"Dave's CO2 level in his blood is lowering. They reduced his oxygen level. They removed 2 of the 4 chest tubes. They removed his central and arterial lines, and one of his IV's.He is waiting on a bed to be moved to a stepdown unit!
God is magnificent, glorious, faithful and had His hand on Dave!
I can not express the gratitude for your support and prayers!"

:D So good to hear good news! :D

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more:

"Dave's CO2 level in his blood is lowering. They reduced his oxygen level. They removed 2 of the 4 chest tubes. They removed his central and arterial lines, and one of his IV's.He is waiting on a bed to be moved to a stepdown unit!
God is magnificent, glorious, faithful and had His hand on Dave!
I can not express the gratitude for your support and prayers!"

:D So good to hear good news! :D
Thank you for all the updates...this is great news!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave is doing ok, Heather says he had the hiccups which was pretty painful and made him not want to eat. He's a bit worried about the recovery - she didn't expound upon this, but I think she means he is not looking forward to the pain and difficulty of healing, PT, etc. I can't say I blame him! Helluva surgery he's gone through - twice now!

Anyways, keep David in your prayers, and if you don't mind, say a prayer for Heather, too, his wife. She is struggling as well, and I know it's hard watching your loved ones suffer, wanting to help them but not really being able to do so. This is a rough road for both of them and I know she can use our prayers just as much as he can.

Keep it up, OSAers! He may have made it through the surgery, but still needs prayers and support!

Not sure when they're going to be able to head back home, but I had a patient who had almost this same surgery a month or so ago and he got booted out of the hospital in like 5 days, so it ain't gonna be long!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@tRidiot - thanks for the update. I think about and pray for them daily.

Man, those hiccups. I had them for weeks on end (literally) after my hip repair. They said it was probably because of anesthesia and/or pain meds. I thought I'd never get rid of them. With hiccups like that, you don't want to eat or anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom