I bet that hurt ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does it matter where you got shot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine shot himself just above the ankle. .22 Walther. Bullet lodged in his tibia. He said it ain't nothing like on TV when the good guy shrugs off a bullet wound. More like rolling on floor screaming.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've helped treat people that have been shot. All of them had fear in their eyes, but the only one that was making any "I'm hurting" noises had been shot six times with a .25ACP.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine shot himself just above the ankle. .22 Walther. Bullet lodged in his tibia. He said it ain't nothing like on TV when the good guy shrugs off a bullet wound. More like rolling on floor screaming.

I've been hit twice with .44 caliber round ball richochets, thumb and sternum, but since neither broke skin I don't think that counts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll just say this. When somebody is shot in the gut with a rifle, outside of the obvious pain, they will offer to sell their mothers soul to the devil for a drink of water.
We were taught that in our AIT field first aid classes.
In real life, that's exactly what happened.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that episode on "Taboo". I have to wonder why someone didn't go to jail. Also, the shoulder is a pretty complicated joint. Lots on bones tendons muscles and nerves all tucked into a small area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom