I didn't know beans about high blood pressure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High blood pressure/hypertension will over the long haul-even if controlled with medication will harm the heart, kidneys, vision and cause strokes or even heart attack which ultimately may lead to one's demise.One of the posters said high blood pressure (HTN) is nothing to play around with and he is absolutely correct. If one has HTN, they should see a physician before a mortician.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides, I like a good plate of Pinto Beans, maybe some chow-chow on top, a raw slice of onion, maybe a few pickles and some buttered cornbread. No one could ask for a better meal. There is a place in Eureka Springs that deals specifically in Pinto Beans, you can buy a bowl and feast.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... what has your blood pressure been? No more cicadas, but you didn't mention your readings.
Haven't checked it yet. Today is the first day the cicadas are (80-90%?) absent, and I'll probably give it a few more days to (hopefully) see a bigger difference. I will post it here when I check it again though.

I'm not a chronic checker/tester/weigher/etc. of anything (lol, obviously). :D

Supposed to phone the Doc about the BP meds by the end of the month, and I'd sure like to give him some good news. Especially after I tell him I quit the meds...

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to side track, wild onions are popping up. Picked a few today that was growing next to my PT's office. Will have them in scrambled eggs tomorrow.
There are basically two foods that I do NOT like.

One is raw onions, the other is boiled/slimy okra.

And I absolutely love both of 'em well cooked (especially fried). :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom