I didn't know beans about high blood pressure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had high BP, high and low, before I had my HA. Was running 5 days a week, 3 to 5 miles a day, plus lifting.
If I had used common sense and followed through with a cardiologist (not your family doctor), the HA would have never happened.
Buy one of those cheap BP battery powered cuffs at wallyworld. Check it 3 times a day. When you get up, lunch and before you go to bed. If you feel it getting up, check it. Log it all in a notebook for a week or two. You might find out what's making it rise and shallow. Stress...whatever. Anyway you'll have something to show your Cardio guy. If not, and it's too much trouble, your family will have something to read during your funeral.
Sorry. It's that serious.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually like beans. And as mentioned, they're much less gassy without bread. :D

Going to try some Bush's baked beans when we go to the store again.

I don't know of anything else that can give such dramatic results in less than 3 days. Well, outside of opening a vein... ;)
You realize eating that much beans may lower your blood pressure but you'll be needin to see a Proctologist instead

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I feel an obligation to help out with this thread...... my small contribution, thank me later.

fart.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy one of those cheap BP battery powered cuffs at wallyworld.
As mentioned, I have a battery powered unit. ;)

Check it 3 times a day.
I'd rather be shot. :D

I've had heart problems since I was 33. It finally got so bad that I literally couldn't do much of anything physical, which was kind of a bummer on the income (self-employed since I was 25 or so), me not being a rocket scientist and all. And I kept eating like a working man, which didn't maintain my girlish figure either.

I do appreciate all the advice. :drunk2:

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got on this kick in January of this year and it just so happened it was with beans. My wife and i both work, so I try to cook a couple times a week. After my surgery, I was stuck at the house bored out of my mind. The first day I cooked up a pot of beans with lots of ham and peppers, fried potatoes and salad. The next day I made a meat and red beans thing with bell peppers and onions. Day three I was watching some tv when I came across a cooking show about sausage bean pasta and made it (hell we had all the stuff).
Day 4 I woke to a note on the refrigerator that said "If you check inside, you will find every inch filled with bowls of beans. If you want them, eat them during the day. If not, throw them out. PS. I love you for cooking for me (so nice) but if you cook one more thing with a bean in it, I'm moving".

Latest posts

Top Bottom