I have a Moral Issue. I need some advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would look at my honor above all and the the law. When I was in the military I reported fraudulent activity as required and the person that was guilty was arrested by US Marshals. Word got out that I reported the illegal activity and for a very short time I was persona non grata and the issue forgotten. The illegals as mentioned in the OP are simply that-illegals and they are drawing benefits that they shouldn't draw-but primarily they have broken our laws and working using fraudulent documents. Would I turn them in? You bet! If one turns their heads on this one, it will be easier to look the other way next time. I do not like dishonesty at all and illegals shouldn't even be here using our resources.

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
first thing, I think is is great that you have the desire to ask here and gain the perspective of fellow members, secondly your moral compass is correct already and your desire to verify that is evident. moral turpitude is an issue here and I am sure you are not the only member of the community that feels that way. I also agree with some that the situation is both obvious and generally ignored. Your conscience is what matters here, do what you know is right and you will sleep easy at night.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see some who have begun to respond with a modicum of sense. ICE knows perfectly well what is going on, just like the people in the town know, too. The costs have been weighed and the choice has been made that right now is not the time. It doesn't take much of a search to find other locations that have been busted with similar circumstances. Usually, you can note the main difference is the name on the gate at the plant. If it's an unknown name, they get busted first. They'll get around to the Tysons of the world...someday. There is no need to give them a tip. The IRS has probably already told them about the multiple fraudulent uses of Social Security numbers out there.

For the OP - not your job - do your job while keeping your shot record and those of your family up to date. Also, please learn to express yourself in English before trying Latin phrases -- it's per se, not per say. It means by, of, for, or in itself; intrinsically.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first thing, I think is is great that you have the desire to ask here and gain the perspective of fellow members, secondly your moral compass is correct already and your desire to verify that is evident. moral turpitude is an issue here and I am sure you are not the only member of the community that feels that way. I also agree with some that the situation is both obvious and generally ignored. Your conscience is what matters here, do what you know is right and you will sleep easy at night.

Well said sir. Thank you for your response.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait?!?!? You are telling us an UNDERAGE kid lost his leg working at that plant?!?!? How is OSHA not already involved?! When my underage son sliced his hand open at a local grocery store they gave me the cash to take him to an Urgent Care for his stitches because he was operating equipment kids under 18 were not legally allowed to use. I had no problem with it as they treated him well and -- well **** happens. I might not have been so understanding if he'd lost a leg.

Anyway ... Things that confound me.

I feel your pain, really I do. Like others I think your urge to do the right thing, whatever that is to you, is commendable. I won't pretend to know what the answer is. These people are working -- and working hard -- regardless of their immigration status. Beats the work ethic of some welfare queens I've known. I personally have more problems with people who refuse to work than I do with those who came here for a better life and bust their butts.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see some who have begun to respond with a modicum of sense. ICE knows perfectly well what is going on, just like the people in the town know, too. The costs have been weighed and the choice has been made that right now is not the time. It doesn't take much of a search to find other locations that have been busted with similar circumstances. Usually, you can note the main difference is the name on the gate at the plant. If it's an unknown name, they get busted first. They'll get around to the Tysons of the world...someday. There is no need to give them a tip. The IRS has probably already told them about the multiple fraudulent uses of Social Security numbers out there.

For the OP - not your job - do your job while keeping your shot record and those of your family up to date. Also, please learn to express yourself in English before trying Latin phrases -- it's per se, not per say. It means by, of, for, or in itself; intrinsically.

Sorry Old Bean! I am a science teacher, NOT a linguist! Lmao.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait?!?!? You are telling us an UNDERAGE kid lost his leg working at that plant?!?!? How is OSHA not already involved?! When my underage son sliced his hand open at a local grocery store they gave me the cash to take him to an Urgent Care for his stitches because he was operating equipment kids under 18 were not legally allowed to use. I had no problem with it as they treated him well and -- well **** happens. I might not have been so understanding if he'd lost a leg.

Anyway ... Things that confound me.

I feel your pain, really I do. Like others I think your urge to do the right thing, whatever that is to you, is commendable. I won't pretend to know what the answer is. These people are working -- and working hard -- regardless of their immigration status. Beats the work ethic of some welfare queens I've known. I personally have more problems with people who refuse to work than I do with those who came here for a better life and bust their butts.

That is correct. The young man I speak of is a sophomore, maybe junior. The company is doing everything they can to keep him quiet. They are supposedly letting their insurance replace the leg with a prothstetic leg. However, the High School has been asking for donations for him and his family.

I agree whole heartedly with the second part of your statement.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Wow. That was harsh. Illustrare velit

Latest posts

Top Bottom