I need camo ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok folks here it is, I need some ideas on camo. I'm not a great fan of the digital styles and it would be used here in Oklahoma so the desert stuff is out also. I'm beatin' my head trying to figure this one out so your suggestions and opinions would be great. Later,

Kirk

The empty slate
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_100_0331.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_100_0335.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find that the majority of places I'm at during the times I hunt are either filled with some or mostly all dead grass - so the sand/desert camo stuff works well for me.

BTW, what are the details of that rig? Looks very nice.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like the pine needles idea, simple and I'm all about the simple stuff! granted I'd HAVE to throw in some skulls that's just cool!

I love the Natural Gear camo it's just awesome stuff even here in central Okie

ez bake, that little rifle has taken me some time to get together, I started another build that got into the money on this one, moved in with my girlfriend and have kids to take a mess of my time and rebuilding the interior of the shop I've been spread a little thin. It's nothing too special just a rifle I have wanted to build for a very long time.

Stockade Gunstocks Tactical/Prairie Dog stock (moneysaver or out of the mold)
McGowen 26.5" (finished) 1-10 in a Douglas 7-W contour
SAMII Min chamber and threaded to fit right (have to thank Ron for the help here)
SSS Savage trigger
MarineTex bedded (gotta say this is FREAKIN' AWESOME stuff)
Stockade AI Mag conversion (glad Kevin talked me into this)
Ken Farrell +20MOA G Force extended scope base
Nathan Dagley from Straight Shot Gunsmithing for the bolt fluting
Bolt handle from Stockade Gunstocks and bolt lift kit (Kevin is a good guy)

I use Warne 30mm Tactical rings and I think I may get another WoTac scope from Matt the one I have on my 243 is working out very well and I love the reticule just have to get my mind over from Mil-Dots. I shot some OD Green paint on the metal to keep things from rusting until I figure out this camo pattern and the stock is just black primer. Thanks for the ideas fella's and keep em' coming! Later,

Latest posts

Top Bottom