I need camo ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I finally got an idea in my head and while it didn't turn out JUST like I was thinking I like it, I need to take some pictures outside but everyone knows how the weather has been and I still need to put a coat of clear on it. Let me know what ya think, good or bad! Later,

Kirk

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_003_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_006_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_004_2.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice,thinking about painting one of mine.What type of paint gives the best durability? i don't want to have to re-do it all the time.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
buster11 can't get much darker than black dude :thumbup3: the base coat was done the same time as the barrel/action.

I used the Krylon camo paints, I've had good luck with them in the past just be sure and put a coat or two of clear matte on after the paint sits a day or so and don't get in a hurry. I painted the base coat on Monday, the second coat on Tue, the top coat on Wed, the clear on Wed night but I let in sit in front of the heater anf warm up real good first.

I think I'm going to go ahead and paint the barrrel/action the same way, I took some pictures yeasterday while the sun was out and that black barrel sticks out like you wouldn't believe! I'll put a couple pics up later when I download them. Later,

Kirk

buster11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
oops, I was reffering to the top coat, or which ever coat looks like off white? Just seems like too much contrast, very light colored stock with very dark metal. But i'm absolutly no camo expert. I like the pattern alot, thinking about doing something similar with my 700p but with varrying shades of greens and browns. All in all I like it!

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got out when there was some sunlight and snapped a couple of pictures and yep the barrel is going to have to be painted to match the rest of the rifle! might add some dark earth color paint in the mix while I'm at it. See what you think. Later,

Kirk

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_004_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_Rifle_001.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom