I own it !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it must be worth more!! Starting to think that some folks think that gun guys pay zero attention to prices on weapons. Or took it on the nose when they bought it and now want to recoup what they over paid!!! I see items listed for more than I can find it new a lot!!

While I completely agree with you, some probably understand the typical OSA barter protocols. Namely, you can post a gun at a fair price, well below the market.... and they'll still tire kick you to death and ask "best cash price" on a no trades ad. "Cash" price??? Opposed to what? Gold? Silver? Women? Wouldn't my "best" one be the one I posted?

Surprisingly enough, I've had better luck on armslist over the last few years, and I would have never thought I'd ever say that.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I completely agree with you, some probably understand the typical OSA barter protocols. Namely, you can post a gun at a fair price, well below the market.... and they'll still tire kick you to death and ask "best cash price" on a no trades ad. "Cash" price??? Opposed to what? Gold? Silver? Women? Wouldn't my "best" one be the one I posted?

Surprisingly enough, I've had better luck on armslist over the last few years, and I would have never thought I'd ever say that.
I agree, I have a $3200 AR that I would never think about putting for sale on this forum. Its all top shelf stuff. Hell the barrel alone was $450

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always find humor in the ads where someone is trying to sell a Glock with a REALLY BAD stipple job, calling it “customized” and the asking price is twice the price of a retail priced NIB Glock.

That always gives me a big chuckle... But if you list it as "Bastardized Glock" it won't bring the custom premium.

Also, custom parts don't equal premium price. Learned that in the mini-truck scene years ago.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I always find humor in the ads where someone is trying to sell a Glock with a REALLY BAD stipple job, calling it “customized” and the asking price is twice the price of a retail priced NIB Glock.

I passed on a Glock 20 a while back, the picture did not illustrate how horrendous the stipple job was. When I got there and seen it first hand I backed out and pissed the feller off but that thing needed a new frame as far as I was concerned.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I passed on a Glock 20 a while back, the picture did not illustrate how horrendous the stipple job was. When I got there and seen it first hand I backed out and pissed the feller off but that thing needed a new frame as far as I was concerned.
I have seen many like that. I almost always see a stipple job as a minus and not a plus that the seller makes it out to be.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, shoot! I was gonna put my model 18 in the classifieds this week, but ya'll will just think I'm high-rollin' it. I don't want you talking about me, so I'll just keep it a while longer.:blah:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I dislike the "what is your best price" question as well. I always think hey why would i negotiate w/myself? However I am guilty and laugh each time I ask it. :)

Yep , all you can do is laugh at your self when you catch you doing your pet peeve!! GUILTY here on more than one occasion!!:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom