Hi! I'm Letfreedomring and I have a problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have many guns. They were all bought for purpose. EDC, tactical training gun, bedroom gun, OWB compact. All of them have had a lot of range time. Cumulative round count over 20,000. This year I joined a private gun club range. There twice a week. Yep hotter than h&ll.
Don't want to see the Bedroom Gun!!

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much shoot everything, eventually. But just back in May I shot for the 1st time a pristine 30-06 ADL built in 1969. I think I bought that gun in 2006. I have a few others that I purchased 3-6 yrs ago and haven't pulled the trigger on yet. But not because of preservation. I just haven't made time or haven't found a period correct scope, or whatever. I have my favorites that I use yearly on hunts that get my miniscule range time. Usually in mid october I have a long day at the range and verify zero on a half dozen different pill pushers and then to the field and woods we go for the season. I try to hunt more than shoot. The purpose of my guns is to get me afield.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have for some time now budgeted funds every month for firearms. Many times I’ve bought something because I wanted it! Call it silly but for many years raising and sending 2 sons through engineering school there was little left for such.
After they moved on to their careers I built and raced RC boats. As my reactions on the stick/wheel began to show along with 65 mph vs 40 it became less enjoyable. Sold off that stuff and began buying and shooting guns.

I have listed many never fired firearms and that’s exactly what they are. The gun range that was 2.5 miles from my home was forceably closed by rezoning 6 yrs ago. If I want to shoot the nearest good range is Red Castle which is 22 miles from my house. A friend took me there once and that was enough. Too uppity up an NOT very friendly . Yes the rang out near the Tulsa Police academy is closer but after changing hands multiple times the present want 25$ to spend an afternoon at their place. H*** they even charge for TAPE and Staples if you need them on the pistol range. That’s against my core principles soooooo my friend and I go to Kellyville 40 miles away and spend an afternoon once in a while.

I say all this to make one point. Situations change. Costs places to shoot and advancing age 77 right now . So yes I own firearms I’ve never shot. They are paid for. I don’t go in debt to buy them or much of anything else at this stage in my life.
You can go to the bank with this however, if I tell you it’s not been shot that sir is a fact.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have 1 firearm that I haven't shot. (Not counting a few non-functional parts rifles.)

It's a 1970's black powder shotgun that appears to be fully functional, but is so cheaply made it looks more like a piece of Hobby Lobby decor than an actual firearm. No way I'm taking my chances with it. It hangs on the wall and makes for a nice decoration...

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, thinking about this again.
I had more than 7 Ruger MKII a while back, most of them fired a plenty.
1 was NIB, the orange and yellow cardboard, had it for years, just sold it last year.
Had several others that I didn't shoot, or didn't "fit" my style so I sold them last year. Turned around and bought an AMT MKII clone
sold an unfired 7mm mag rem a while back.
i mean, sometimes for myself, I really can't shoot them all.
i have some AR's that I haven't shot.
like I said earlier, when you have back up guns to back up guns, these things happen.
i have a few more that I've been thinking of selling and I really should do that.
I'm not sure why it is so hard to believe or why it amazes some people.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, thinking about this again.
I had more than 7 Ruger MKII a while back, most of them fired a plenty.
1 was NIB, the orange and yellow cardboard, had it for years, just sold it last year.
Had several others that I didn't shoot, or didn't "fit" my style so I sold them last year. Turned around and bought an AMT MKII clone
sold an unfired 7mm mag rem a while back.
i mean, sometimes for myself, I really can't shoot them all.
i have some AR's that I haven't shot.
like I said earlier, when you have back up guns to back up guns, these things happen.
i have a few more that I've been thinking of selling and I really should do that.
I'm not sure why it is so hard to believe or why it amazes some people.
We should hang out... :rubhands::rotflmao:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to sell a couple NIB guns, but they just didn’t sell. No big deal. I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter what I buy from now on I’m keeping it, whether I shoot it or not. Over 3/4 of my guns have been bought new and I haven’t shot them. I’m a huge introvert. I’m retired and I love being home with the wife and my dog. Every time I think about going shooting I always say I’ll go tomorrow. I’ve got guns I would love to shoot. Someday, but I don’t pressure myself. I’ve learned I’ll probably live longer if I don’t stress about the little things. Whether I ever shoot them, they’ll all go to my Grandson who I know will have a blast with them. That’s good enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom