I Retired today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was working in Messena, NY. Our local took us across the border into Cornwall, Ontario Canada. A little French Canadian working there........ I think the place was called The Body Shop if memory serves.

I was young as well. Memories.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a bittersweet feeling.
Never answering to the Man again.
Wow, what a whirlwind of emotions.
Retired a year and a half ago.
Got my VA disability upped from 40 to 90 percent, and did the math.
I was retired Military, working civil service, and would be old enough to get Social Security 7 months later.
Retiring would give me about twenty five dollars less take home pay per year than working full time. No brainer.
When I applied for Social Security I found out my wife could get additional Social Security equal to half of mine.
Now taking home $10K more a year than when I was working.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations. You will only be limited by what you truly want to do. I retired in 98 after 26yrs navy, then retired from state of VA. My oldest son (financial advisor) told me you can't just fish every day, it's true. There's also hunting.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a bittersweet feeling.
Never answering to the Man again.
Wow, what a whirlwind of emotions.
Enjoy very day, what ever you are doing, time speeds up now! I have been retired 20 years, as of last Nov 1st. It seems like yesterday! But I still enjoy every day, no matter if on a big trip, or sitting at the computer giving unsolicited advise! Congratulations!

Latest posts

Top Bottom