I Retired today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on your retirement Clay. A lot of good advice has been given here. Never stop working and retire to the couch. Your time on this earth will be short.
Keep the mind active, and work around the house on jobs you never thought you could do with YouTube videos or take up new hobbies that require thinking and planning skills.
Get into a hobby you never thought you could do. Woodworking, metal working, fishing, or whatever. Just keep busy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on your retirement Clay. A lot of good advice has been given here. Never stop working and retire to the couch. Your time on this earth will be short.
Keep the mind active, and work around the house on jobs you never thought you could do with YouTube videos or take up new hobbies that require thinking and planning skills.
Get into a hobby you never thought you could do. Woodworking, metal working, fishing, or whatever. Just keep busy.
Thank you. I've considered blacksmithing. Spent many hours watching forged in fire and I like it. That would be a new challenge. Woodworking is a trade I'm very good at but I need more space. Body building is first in line and I haven't set on my couch or lounge chair in over a year other than the Occasional nap.
I'll do alright I think, thanks for the kind advive.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. I've considered blacksmithing. Spent many hours watching forged in fire and I like it. That would be a new challenge. Woodworking is a trade I'm very good at but I need more space. Body building is first in line and I haven't set on my couch or lounge chair in over a year other than the Occasional nap.
I do alright I think, thanks for the kind advive.
There ya go. I've watched forged in fire a lot and actually built a forge when coming home from one of our RV trips around the country. Still working on learning that skill, taking up fly tying in the last few days.
Never stop, never give up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There ya go. I've watched forged in fire a lot and actually built a forge when coming home from one of our RV trips around the country. Still working on learning that skill, taking up fly tying in the last few days.
Never stop, never give up.
I aint giving up, "Henrys dont give up" (quoted from my dad) lol. What I need is to land a good woman to take care of and do some traveling with but, those are getting fewer by the day.
So maybe I'll forge steel in the meantime.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I aint giving up, "Henrys dont give up" (quoted from my dad) lol. What I need is to land a good woman to take care of and do some traveling with but, those are getting fewer by the day.
So maybe I'll forge steel in the meantime.

I fell in love 8 times one night at Deja Vu in Valley Brook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom