I Retired today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 20 years in the “private sector”. All that means to me is never ending pressure, stretched budgets, mismanagement and stress. It’s usually only 3 people doing all the work even with a team of 15. I wouldn’t go back to it for 200k a year.

A guy like Chenry that digs in and takes responsibility could be sent to an early grave dealing with that BS.
Well, you don’t work where I do and everybody pulls their weight and then some. In two months we have submitted 8 different projects for construction. You don’t achieve that with only 20% of your work force contributing. And, you certainly don’t earn the respect from clients such as, ODOT, OTA, OKC, Edmond, Yukon, Ardmore, etc., etc. in fulfilling their infrastructure needs with our engineering services.

I think I worked with Clay long enough to know what he can or can’t tolerate. But, if it’s his health, that’s a different story.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you don’t work where I do and everybody pulls their weight and then some. In two months we have submitted 8 different projects for construction. You don’t achieve that with only 20% of your work force contributing. And, you certainly don’t earn the respect from clients such as, ODOT, OTA, OKC, Edmond, Yukon, Ardmore, etc., etc. in fulfilling their infrastructure needs with our engineering services.

I think I worked with Clay long enough to know what he can or can’t tolerate. But, if it’s his health, that’s a different story.
Fair enough. I just haven’t seen many run right. I almost went to work for Edmond last year as drainage analyst.

I’m talking about local civil engineering firms not municipalities.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess it’s now someone else’s turn to lean on the shovel 😜. Just kidding, 32 years is quite the accomplishment, congratulations sir. Make sure to do some stuff for you now

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Henry,
Congratulations on your retirement! I hope the remainder of your time taking trips around the Sun is filled with doing things you love to do. Whatever that may be, enjoy it!

isuolympic

Marksman
Reaction score
Congratulations! I retired 2 years ago after 41 years. It has been great. They gave me a Randall No.1. Days of a new Rolex are long gone I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom