I think I want to start hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been hunting a day in my life. I had never even fired a firearm until I joined the Marines. For some reason I have been wanting to give it a try. Something about it just appeals to me but I dont' really know how to get started or even where to hunt. I have no idea what types of gun are best. I probably won't have a chance to even go until next year with all the stuff I got going on right now but that'll give me a year to get ready at least. Any suggestions?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a friend or relative who hunts? It's nice to start out with someone who can show you the ropes. It's a nice way to build a friendship too. I've never known a hunter who wouldn't be willing to show a new guy the ropes.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been hunting a day in my life. I had never even fired a firearm until I joined the Marines. For some reason I have been wanting to give it a try. Something about it just appeals to me but I dont' really know how to get started or even where to hunt. I have no idea what types of gun are best. I probably won't have a chance to even go until next year with all the stuff I got going on right now but that'll give me a year to get ready at least. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat. My grandpa has been teaching me to evade game wardens for as long as I can remember, but nothing else about hunting.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Hunting is one of the most rewarding activities out there. Try all sorts from ducks to deer. You might check out the Graybeard Outdoors forum also. Lots of additional info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom