I was hoping to go check cameras and fill feeders tomorrow. Instead, I'll be pulling them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No blame, stating a proven fact. Blame should be placed upon our legislature for allowing it to continue.
Who voted that legislative body into power?
Citizens of this great state.
Folks got exactly what they voted for.
The milk and the busted glass are all over the floor, standing there with the towel in hand crying isn’t doing a thing.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No blame, stating a proven fact. Blame should be placed upon our legislature for allowing it to continue.
Definitely think we should restrict ownership to citizens. This seems like it should be obvious to everyone.

It will have to be done this way vs everyone just saying no. Realistically, just saying the landowner should decline the money on principle isn't going to work. So, I say no on principle. Pot farm goes next door to neighbor who sells. Now, I get no money and get to live next to it? It's not as simple as just saying no.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought our land last year. Put our offer into probate court and waited. The real estate lady said we were going against other offers mostly pot growers and shouldn't get our hopes up. Well, we were told by the court our offer was accepted. The lawyers said they thought it was because people were tired of pot growers everywhere in the county and officials are getting an ear full. I really don't know why the judge picked us but I thank my lucky stars everyday.

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And sometimes it's live altering money for someone that has busted their ass all their lives to make a hard scrabble living, and suffered thru years that were so lean it took 3 or 4 good years to pay off the losses from one bad year. I'm not going to blame them when lottery money comes knocking, and in my opinion it's pretty damn small of others to do so. But the world is full of small minded simple fuks, so I'm never surprised when it happens.

People that hold a grudge against a selling landowner most likely don't have any land to sell.

Sour grapes are sour grapes, no matter how you squash them.
You and people like you are the problem. You’re the one who is small minded, unprincipled and short sighted. Anyone who sells out to these people are selfish, unpatriotic simpletons.

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Definitely think we should restrict ownership to citizens. This seems like it should be obvious to everyone.

It will have to be done this way vs everyone just saying no. Realistically, just saying the landowner should decline the money on principle isn't going to work. So, I say no on principle. Pot farm goes next door to neighbor who sells. Now, I get no money and get to live next to it? It's not as simple as just saying no.
You can’t control what your neighbors do but you can control what you do. Since when did standing on principle become debatable?

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Who voted that legislative body into power?
Citizens of this great state.
Folks got exactly what they voted for.
The milk and the busted glass are all over the floor, standing there with the towel in hand crying isn’t doing a thing.
Sad fact. The ignorant people of Oklahoma did get it put on the ballot and voted it in. Our corrupt legislature allowed something that is federally illegal to be put on the ballot!!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's far more about the FIRE economy than legal pot. if real estate weren't profitable, if you were taxed HEAVILY for property you didn't live on, if you were taxed HEAVILY for property you weren't using for a business, if there was no incentive to merely make more by having more, absolutely none of this would be an issue; pot or no pot.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's hilarious. average price around me is about 15k per acre and going up. Anybody buying at those prices is getting land that nothing can be grown on near the Texas line. Even the panhandle has gotten stupid and they only have dust and antelope.

I am <2 miles from Red River. In the past, wheat, cotton, corn, oats and rye have all been successfully grown. A spring fed pond, that has never gone dry.

Surrounded by good farmland. Most family owned. Same families for 3-4 generations.

When land comes up, it sells quickly.

I would gladly sell my 150 for 15k an acre.
2nd owner, since land rush. 1st family had for 100 years.

Typically, $1500 or less per acre.

Latest posts

Top Bottom