If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remeber when Palin fans thought upping US production would lower pump prices? LOL. That shows you the level of knowledge most folks have of oil prices.

Oil prices and climate change are two topics where both the average lefty and the average righty sound equally stupid.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$70-80 is reasonable. I honestly have no quams with it going back to $120. And again, I make no money from the oil field. I work in a green industry.

I'd be cool with $8/bu wheat too. Would be much better than the current price of $4. It's not like I'm asking for the all time high of $12. See how reasonable I am?

Hey this is fun. Let's just set our own prices and we will all make a good living.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be cool with $8/bu wheat too. Would be much better than the current price of $4. It's not like I'm asking for the all time high of $12. See how reasonable I am?
Just go get a subsidy. Or hold a farmaide.

Identifying what I see are reasonable is far from setting a price. I am saying at that price, I feel I can still get what I need at the gas pump and oil companies can still produce and be profitable. I'm a consumer, just like you. I don't speak for oil.
Hey this is fun. Let's just set our own prices and we will all make a good living.
You're an idiot.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are neglecting the negative ancillary impact that high energy prices have on the economy as a whole. The impact of high energy isn't all good. It's like you guys forget the collapse in 08 followed record high oil prices. Don't think those might have been a little related? I know the sub prime lending was the root of the collapse but people being raped at the pump pushed it over the edge. Kinda hard to pay a mortgage when people were paying $800 a month to get to work.

What is wrong with you people with this retarded slippery slope argument. Did you not read what I said? Nobody is calling for $100+ a barrel oil.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go get a subsidy. Or hold a farmaide.

Identifying what I see are reasonable is far from setting a price. I am saying at that price, I feel I can still get what I need at the gas pump and oil companies can still produce and be profitable. I'm a consumer, just like you. I don't speak for oil.

The market doesn't give a fu€k about the cost of production. Years of being in production agriculture is my source. You'd laugh if you saw how insignificant the farm programs are. Now it is simply a subsidy on the purchase of crop insurance. That's it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom